Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Margaret Thatcher Statue

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I have no time for the old bat, but that's a bit rude, in her home town, where she's adored, surely?

Edit: shoddily disrespectful by the egg chuckers. Disrespectful of the locals.

Looks like a very good statue.

In my town centre, a different story. Perspective :shrug:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Only lefty wimp rats won’t like this

They’re scum anyway so who cares

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Not everyone agreed with her , although lots of people did, but she didn’t kill anyone - she should be respected as our first female PM . It’s a disgrace that as a country we allow mob rule to dictate who we should and shouldn’t honour .

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
10 foot plinth you say??

Screenshot 2020-12-01 at 23.02.43.png

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We know scum have attacked Churchill’s statue and the Cenotaph. Peter Kyle’s offices have been attacked. Just another brainless mob who can’t take someone past or present having dissimilar politics to them.

It cuts both ways, if we ever see a Tony Blair statue, it will be a target.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Only lefty wimp rats won’t like this

They’re scum anyway so who cares

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The statue or the egg-wallies?

This could be a great time to repurpose Boris' rusting water cannon, surely? Dispersing (and freshening up) the unwelcome unwashed, while removing unsightly ova. It's a win win!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I generally disapprove of the vandalism of statues, and the general re-writing/re-orientating of history that goes with it.

There are times when I'm happy to make exceptions though .............................

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Not everyone agreed with her , although lots of people did, but she didn’t kill anyone - she should be respected as our first female PM . It’s a disgrace that as a country we allow mob rule to dictate who we should and shouldn’t honour .

It would be argued by many that her government’s policies, her lack of empathy for certain parts of society and her dismantling of many working-class communities led to loss of a great deal. Imo her supercilious manner and arrogance endeared her even less - BUT we all have opinions and others will differ. The council or whoever have a right to put up a statue I guess and vandalism is not the right way to respond. There are better ways to channel energies if we want societal change

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I have no time for the old bat, but that's a bit rude, in her home town, where she's adored, surely?

Edit: shoddily disrespectful by the egg chuckers. Disrespectful of the locals.

Looks like a very good statue.

In my town centre, a different story. Perspective :shrug:

As someone who often shows your left leaning persuasions, I have to say thats a remarkably mature, pragmatic and totally common sense view. Full kudos to you as always HWT.

Everybody knows she was loathed by many, but she was from Grantham, she was our first female PM and she was an important historical figure. I hope these dimwit vandalisers are dealt with harshly.

Can't say I care much for Thatcher and nor do I for Arthur Scargill or Neil Kinnock either but if those famous historical figures had statues made in their home towns, it would be equally wrong to deface a historically significant figure.

It's not a temple of worship or a monument in support....... it is a historical fact and she was a significant figure.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It's not a temple of worship or a monument in support....... it is a historical fact and she was a significant figure.
Like Edward Colston, then ..........................

They could have at least made it out of coal, maybe from an old seam at the Grimethorpe Colliery, South Yorks.
Good idea. Can they get it in place in time for November the fifth?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I thought 1 or 2 people died in the Falklands war?

Not as many as Iraq.

What's Tony Blair's foreign policy got to do with a statue of Thatcher?

Whataboutery if ever there was...........................

Like Edward Colston, then ..........................

Good idea. Can they get it in place in time for November the fifth?

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here