Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Best PL goalkeeper ever?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
For me the best Manchester United keeper in the PL era was Massimo Taibi, so I guess, by default, that makes him the best PL goalkeeper.

It's a funny old world.

So you’re working on the basis that all the best goalkeepers play for Manchester United??? Strange.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Peter Schmeichel for two reasons.

1. He upped the bar which others had to jump over more than any other
2. He was so good even his sperm contained the DNA to be a PL-winning goalkeeper

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Definitely Schmeichal senior.

I’ve never seen a keeper put fear into a striker like he could. You always felt he was going to save a 1 on 1.

I know Cantona rightly gets a lot of credit for transforming United and inspiring the class of 92 etc but for me, Schmeichal was equally as important. He was responsible for a lot of the aura created at United around that time.

Did have a tendancy to get chipped though! (Reference for Quickly Kevin listeners)

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I would of loved to of seen Buffon play in the Prem. Best keeper of his generation bar none.

As he didn't, I'd have to plump for Schmeichel the elder. Great keeper.

Yes, you would have. So would I, I think Buffon is the best goalkeeper of all time. He is still playing on though, so there's always a slim chance he might fancy coming over here for a year.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here