Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Osteopath - recommendations ?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Can anyone recommend an osteopath in the Hove area please ? Mrs WS has put her back out and the quack has recommended she sees one.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
As when anyone mentions back pain I feel it's my duty to mention Dr Sarno and his book "healing back pain". Essentially it boils down to the fact that most back pain is caused by bottling up anxiety or stress rather than any physical problem. I was crippled with back pain for years and tried all the usual treatments (painkillers, physio, osteopath, etc.) until I read the book then read the book and was pain free within about a week. The trouble with a lot of these things is the make you even more sure that there is something direly wrong with your back and reinforce the pain.

I realise it sounds like some sort of quackery but it makes a lot of sense - and applies to a lot of other issues like migraines, IBS etc. and basically saved my life.

It may be that this doesn't apply to your wife but hopefully may help someone.

By the way the osteopath I saw was a lady on Dyke Road and she said my back was in such a state that she couldn't even help.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Essentially it boils down to the fact that most back pain is caused by bottling up anxiety or stress rather than any physical problem.

And lifting heavy radiators, shower trays and carting a tool bag full of spanners up 3 flights of stairs. :down:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
And lifting heavy radiators, shower trays and carting a tool bag full of spanners up 3 flights of stairs. :down:
Back in the day before I joined him, dad gave himself a hernia lugging a shower tray up a spiral staircase!

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 2719

I empathise with her,

Where is it hurting?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    163.1 KB · Views: 56

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Back in the day before I joined him, dad gave himself a hernia lugging a shower tray up a spiral staircase!

We all lift stuff that’s far too heavy, just to try and get the job done. I’ve given up fitting those big shower trays and screens now.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
We all lift stuff that’s far too heavy, just to try and get the job done. I’ve given up fitting those big shower trays and screens now.
That's all my customers want nowadays! Still it's easier to fit a single screen than a cubicle!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here