Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Welching on your bets while retaining your honour?

exKT17

Nov 27, 2016
Argyll & Bute
Apologies if fixtures.

Last season, unwisely as it turned out, I bet my Leeds friend £40 that they wouldn't win the Championship.

Obviously a massive blow to me when they did.

I had no concrete intention to honour my bet - I have my limits - but the nagging has been constant and intense.

So I came up with a rather cunning plan...

...he lives in Spain and wanted to be paid to his Euro account...

...so I wrote him a cheque - quite legally - on this (scroll down)...

S
C
R
O
L
L

D
O
W
N

View attachment 130960

...with, on the bulb, written in Spanish 'THE MAN GIVING YOU THIS HAS RECENTLY USED IT'

[I'll let you know his reaction.]

Have you ever welched on a bet 'honourably' and how?

Attachments

• cheque.jpg
    cheque.jpg
    495 KB · Views: 333
Last edited:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Not welching, but Picasso, in later life paid his restaurant bills with a cheque that he had also drawn on the back of, knowing most people would sell the cheque as Picasso art (for more than it's face value) rather than cash it. Win, Win.

I don't know what the item you have chosen to write your cheque upon is, but he might as well stick it up his arse for all the good trying to cash it or pay it into his account will do.

exKT17

Nov 27, 2016
Argyll & Bute
Not welching, but Picasso, in later life paid his restaurant bills with a cheque that he had also drawn on the back of, knowing most people would sell the cheque as Picasso art (for more than it's face value) rather than cash it. Win, Win.

I don't know what the item you have chosen to write your cheque upon is, but he might as well stick it up his arse for all the good trying to cash it or pay it into his account will do.

Bald Seagull, I think you've rather got the gist of it!

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Just pay him what you owe and move on... Why the drama of creating a thread and devising ways to get one over on him? ???

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Double or quits on the head to head games. I do this with friends and workmates, it creates much animosity :lolol::lolol:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i dont understand how you think this is honourable???

amusing, but the only honourable outcome is paying the £40.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
To me, the question is 'do you think the other party would have paid out had they lost the bet?'

If so, pay up.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Well this thread went well. My only surprise is that it has got this far without mention of AFC Wimbledon and Mk Dons. :whistle:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Just pay him what you owe and move on... Why the drama of creating a thread and devising ways to get one over on him? ???

Maybe Martin is a bell?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here