Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Rita Ora

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
30 year old woman meets up with friends in a restaurant to celebrate her birthday.

Oh, the monster!

She knew the rules. Also, the hypocrisy as she has spent a lot of time praising the health workers, one of which is her mother, and also promoting a line of clothing about beating the virus.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
what was the restaurant thinking?
This is the key point, the restaurant should have said " Sorry, we can't take that booking"... Did they see the cash and hope to get away with it?...

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Now, will the attractive, rich, young starlet get away with breaking rules the rest of us would be punished for?

Answers on a postcard to "Rich people don't face consequences, c/o Barnard Castle post office".

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
This is the key point, the restaurant should have said " Sorry, we can't take that booking"... Did they see the cash and hope to get away with it?...

Well probably. Ben on their arse for 9 months so not going to turn down good money.

Win win for everyone really. Restaurant gets much needed funds and even the publicity prob wont harm for future bookings.

Ora had blinding night

Her mates had a good night

Has the money so paid for the privilege

Don't expect any one that attended or took part cares , probably laughing about it.

I'm betting no one will die either.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
At least she made a public apology and made sure it got out there, and was obviously advised on the appropriateness of her wording.
Shame Cummings didn’t do the same when he got caught out.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
To be fair to her it must be really difficult having such a special birthday during lockdown, but rules are rules.

20201201_093431.jpg

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
At least she made a public apology and made sure it got out there, and was obviously advised on the appropriateness of her wording.

NO NO NO
Why can people with money get away with it? £10k fine, no problem. She's even donated that much to charity to apologise. NO
She should be made to at least attend a police station at 8am one morning, just for the inconvenience of it. Her defence of 'I thought it would be OK', don't make me laugh. The restaurant should be shut down and told to do a complete deep clean. Then get inspectors round every other day just to inconvenience them.
Michael Gove this morning saying 'she's a good singer and has apologised', don't care, throw the book at her.

Rant over.

el punal

She has apologised and says she's sorry.....

Sorry for being caught more like it. Selfish twunt.

Exactly! These so-called celebrities are very quick to go on social media with their pouty-look-at-me poses and show how extraordinarily beautiful and righteous they are to us plebs. Then, bang, a nice bit of karma smacks them straight in the face and then they put on the fake act of contrition. Who are they kidding? :annoyed:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Yes it was stupid, wrong and reeks of arrogance on the part of her and the restaurant, but I'm willing to bet there are LOADS of 'normal' people who have done the same or worse. Look at that 100-person rave that was broken up the other day, for example. Was was interesting was the contrasting views of the likes of Daily Mail readers with Rita's actions and those of Lozza Fox, who openly boasted about having people around with no regard for SoshDist, having confirmed there was a lot of 'hugging' going on.

Anyway, as a wider point, the rules are all over the shop. You can't see your family in your house, but you can mix with them outside in a busy shop; kids are in a bubble of up to 300 in school, but step outside and they're only allowed to mix with one other; pubs not allowed to serve drinks without food and yet supermarkets are packed with people who don't make any effort to keep 2m away from each other. Shambles, but yeah, she's a bit of a dick.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Yes it was stupid, wrong and reeks of arrogance on the part of her and the restaurant, but I'm willing to bet there are LOADS of 'normal' people who have done the same or worse. Look at that 100-person rave that was broken up the other day, for example. Was was interesting was the contrasting views of the likes of Daily Mail readers with Rita's actions and those of Lozza Fox, who openly boasted about having people around with no regard for SoshDist, having confirmed there was a lot of 'hugging' going on.

Anyway, as a wider point, the rules are all over the shop. You can't see your family in your house, but you can mix with them outside in a busy shop; kids are in a bubble of up to 300 in school, but step outside and they're only allowed to mix with one other; pubs not allowed to serve drinks without food and yet supermarkets are packed with people who don't make any effort to keep 2m away from each other. Shambles, but yeah, she's a bit of a dick.

1. I agree the rules have been inconsistent and badly communicated, but I still think the 'don't have a party with a load of mates during lockdown' bit has been relatively clear throughout

2. I am sure a lot of people have broken the rules, but an even greater number have stuck with them. It is pretty clear that if everyone decided to do what they liked the results would be catastrophic.So those that decide to break the rules as they wish are free riding off the rest of us - knowing that the actions of others will protect them and their loved ones.

3. Of course we can get away with a few people breaking the rules - question is who? If a single mother living in a high rise flat breaks the rules to see friends and maintain sanity, I have sympathy. Rita Ora having a party with mates because she fancies it, or Jack Grealish wanting to take drugs with sex workers...not so much. Seems to me obvious that those of us for whom lockdown is easier should feel even more obligation to stick to the rules.

4. We already knew that Lozza Fox is a slightly dim, selfish, dick. Nothing new there!

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
NO NO NO
Why can people with money get away with it? £10k fine, no problem. She's even donated that much to charity to apologise. NO
She should be made to at least attend a police station at 8am one morning, just for the inconvenience of it. Her defence of 'I thought it would be OK', don't make me laugh. The restaurant should be shut down and told to do a complete deep clean. Then get inspectors round every other day just to inconvenience them.
Michael Gove this morning saying 'she's a good singer and has apologised', don't care, throw the book at her.

Rant over.

I think you are wrong.
By making such a public statement she has probably done more than most to get through to the younger generation that what she did was totally wrong and that they need to comply with the regulations to stop the spread of the virus.
We can agree to differ.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

rules are for different situations. yes a few a bit nonsense, on the whole they are aiming for a simple objective to reduce spread. its like saying the highway code is all over the shop, different speed limits in town to out of town, many special signs for local conditions, who knows how far stopping distance really is. often the odd rules are there to make following/policing easier, so there isnt obvious excuse (those kids playing together, they're all in the same class officer), others are deliberate misinterpretation (no, you are not allowed to mix with friends in the shop). simple apply the rules that apply to ourselves and ignore the rest until relevant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here