Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Quality Street

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Never been a massive fan. Too many shite ones especially the coconut and coffee ones. But lo and behold. If you personalise a tin, it gives you the option to choose up to 6 flavours with the ability to discard all the crap ones.

The only downside is you might need to remortgage the house but £15.99 for a tin of purple and green ones is a thing of XMAS beauty. Minature hero's and celebrations can DO ONE.

https://www.qualitystreet.co.uk/personalisation

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Never been a massive fan. Too many shite ones especially the coconut and coffee ones. But lo and behold. If you personalise a tin, it gives you the option to choose up to 6 flavours with the ability to discard all the crap ones.

The only downside is you might need to remortgage the house but £15.99 for a tin of purple and green ones is a thing of XMAS beauty. Minature hero's and celebrations can DO ONE.

Love those two too.

Funny the intransigence of the maker to include unliked chocs for decades, perhaps others like them?

It’s why I prefer Celebrations and Heroes.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Love those two too.

Funny the intransigence of the maker to include unliked chocs for decades, perhaps others like them?

It’s why I prefer Celebrations and Heroes.

Not only that, a disproportionate amount of shite ones #disgrace

[TWEET]1333093410991972353[/TWEET]

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i converted to Roses few years back when i realised i can be arsed picking through the toffees in QS. i like the coconut though.

i suppose thats the point of Quality Street, something for different tastes. just need to be in a bigger household to take advantage.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
i converted to Roses few years back when i realised i can be arsed picking through the toffees in QS. i like the coconut though.

i suppose thats the point of Quality Street, something for different tastes. just need to be in a bigger household to take advantage.

Yep, I discovered that about 5/6 years back, "Quality" street were always front loaded with too many toffee chocolates, I'm assuming its because toffee is cheaper than chocolate/fondant/truffle centres .

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

If only they'd do the same with Liquorice Allsorts!

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Blue Coconut one to start, followed by the yellow long toffee stick, with orange creme for pudding.
I highly recommend this combo.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Ironically (or not) THere's a clue in the name.

I suppose when they were 'new' they were a real treat.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
I've always been a Roses man, but they've made them so shit over the course of the last few years. Cheap, half-empty plastic boxes and tiny little chocolates, all the same boring rectangular shape. :mad:

Such is my contempt for the bigwigs at Cadbury, I've going to spend most of December taking a shit into random tubs of the stuff in my local Sainsbury's. That, or write them an angry letter, I haven't quite decided yet

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
I've always been a Roses man, but they've made them so shit over the course of the last few years. Cheap, half-empty plastic boxes and tiny little chocolates, all the same boring rectangular shape. :mad:

Such is my contempt for the bigwigs at Cadbury, I've going to spend most of December taking a shit into random tubs of the stuff in my local Sainsbury's. That, or write them an angry letter, I haven't quite decided yet

I was concerned, as I have been known to shop in Sainsbury's - then remembered that you live in Leeds.

Carry on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here