Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Going to have to come clean - looking for advice on ST transfer

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Really? I tried to change the name on my second season ticket about 6 years ago and was told I could do so but would have to pay a charge (around £60 if I recall correctly) and lose all the loyalty points accrued by the previous 'owner'. I asked what would happen if I didn't change the name, and was told that they don't check ID, do they, so.....nothing.

A mate of mine has two season tickets at Arsenal. Among the blokes seated around him, STs have been bought and sold among acquaintances such that one is still in the name of someone who died several years ago. I expect this sort of thing is commonplace, and becomes an issue only, as we have seen at the Albion, when someone advertises and sells on a ticket for a game.

That was in 'the good old days'.

Those rules have long since changed.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
That's worrying.

So Barber hasn't considered that there may be fans who don't drive and don't have a passport. What then?

Going off topic a bit but this is the sort of scenario that the UK having a national ID card of some sort would be great. Doesn't have to be mandatory or a big brother style database behind it however there is no single way to officially identify yourself in this country. Driving licenses or Passports aren't meant to be used to identify yourself, they are to allow you to drive or enter/exit the country.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Really? I tried to change the name on my second season ticket about 6 years ago and was told I could do so but would have to pay a charge (around £60 if I recall correctly) and lose all the loyalty points accrued by the previous 'owner'. I asked what would happen if I didn't change the name, and was told that they don't check ID, do they, so.....nothing.

A mate of mine has two season tickets at Arsenal. Among the blokes seated around him, STs have been bought and sold among acquaintances such that one is still in the name of someone who died several years ago. I expect this sort of thing is commonplace, and becomes an issue only, as we have seen at the Albion, when someone advertises and sells on a ticket for a game.

A pal of mine also has a pair of Arsenal STs - he hasn’t been to a match for about 10 years. He’s basically leased them out (at cost) rather than give them up so he can go back to going at some point. He knows it’s in contravention of the ST rules (and possibly worse).....

I guess anyone doing this in the Covid era (sure it’s common at all clubs - remember stories about Man U having hundreds of deceased STHs) will just not take up a ticket option as the Photo ID requirement kind of stymies it.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I had a similar dilemma recently. Unfortunately, the only (correct) way is to add your nephew's name to the Waiting List, and be prepared for a wait! Once he gets to the top of the list you can change the names, and the ST in your son's name will be allocated to one of your nephews. My daughter is now position number 7,763 on the list - so it could be several years before we can transfer my wife's ticket into her name. It seems a bit harsh, but I can understand the reason the club does it this way. When I spoke to the club the only ray of light they could provide is that they think Covid will reduce the waiting list quite a bit, as some people will be less willing to go to live games (personally, I'm not sure that will be a big factor....the best way to reduce the waiting list is relegation!!).

I think that the Pröpper way of doing it is the only way. They've both joined the waiting list and I'll simply have to go on my own or hope something changes in the meantime. (I don't particularly like the idea of hoping for the Championship to be able to do it quicker).

I'll see if the waiting list for 1901/Corporate is any shorter, but I really don't want to go there, I like the North :down:

Thanks for any suggestions :thumbsup:

Do you support diving players cheating too?

Only if it's a strangely bearded man-boy who has lost his balance :wink:

Last edited:

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
A close friend is a STH at Chelsea, has been for about 20 years. One of their family has been on the waiting list for a long time.

The seat next to them were not renewing, so both parties wrote to the club, Chelsea allowed her to fly up the list and take the Season Ticket.

If they can do it, we should be able to show flexibility.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
I agree nobody should be allowed to queue jump the waiting list but only if you are on the waiting list. if a longstanding fan whos kid has grown up or has got divorced or mate can't go anymore in my opinion should be able to transfer the ticket into someone elses name with the agreement if the club and a fee being paid.
I would like to think the club would look at it on a case by case basis.
The club has to help out the current ST holders before the waiting list crew,surely?

virtual22

Nov 30, 2010
I already emailed PB to see if I could switch my oldest Son's ticket into the name of my youngest Son given the exceptional circumstnaces etc. Even though he was incredibly sympathetic, especially where it was a transfer between two Brother's who had shared the ticket for years, the answer was no. Given my youngest is most likely going off to Uni the season after next I have come to the conclusion I will most likely surrender his ticket, and probably mine, at the end of this season. It has just brought the decission forward a year. I suppose there is a chance he can get a membership and maybe come to a few games, and the odd away game that make their way onto general sale.

Seems a shame to give up after being there every year since the Amex opened but those are the rules, not the club's fault at all. We've known we have been on dodgy ground for years, just a shame I could not afford to buy them both tickets when the Amex opened. The only other hope I have is that by next season there is a relaxation on the rules and we don't have to show photo ID anymore and then he has chance of sneaking in for one more year.

Also would add, I think it's amazing that we can email our club's chief exec and get a personal reply, in my case in about 10 minutes at 10:30 at night!!! We all have our moans and gripes about our club but I cannot imagine many companies/commercial organisations/clubs where this is the case!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I already emailed PB to see if I could switch my oldest Son's ticket into the name of my youngest Son given the exceptional circumstnaces etc. Even though he was incredibly sympathetic, especially where it was a transfer between two Brother's who had shared the ticket for years, the answer was no. Given my youngest is most likely going off to Uni the season after next I have come to the conclusion I will most likely surrender his ticket, and probably mine, at the end of this season. It has just brought the decission forward a year. I suppose there is a chance he can get a membership and maybe come to a few games, and the odd away game that make their way onto general sale.

Seems a shame to give up after being there every year since the Amex opened but those are the rules, not the club's fault at all. We've known we have been on dodgy ground for years, just a shame I could not afford to buy them both tickets when the Amex opened. The only other hope I have is that by next season there is a relaxation on the rules and we don't have to show photo ID anymore and then he has chance of sneaking in for one more year.

Also would add, I think it's amazing that we can email our club's chief exec and get a personal reply, in my case in about 10 minutes at 10:30 at night!!! We all have our moans and gripes about our club but I cannot imagine many companies/commercial organisations/clubs where this is the case!

Having thought about this more, it's quite right that while we have limited opening due to Covid, we are very strict about IDs. But when we get back to 30,000 crowds, there has to be a fair percentage who won't have a valid passport or driving licence (I still have a paper driving licence). I don't know what other photo IDs will ne acceptable, and the additional checks will be huge.

As a result of all this, my nephews are now on the waiting list, but I think I'll just let it ride and, if I get lucky during the lottery period, go on my own.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here