Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Going to have to come clean - looking for advice on ST transfer

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Now it's not exactly criminal but

Ever since the Amex opened, I've had two season tickets in mine and my son's names (I pay for both). Just over 3 years ago, my son moved to London and only comes to games very occasionally. So two of my nephews have 'shared' his ticket for the last few seasons. Which consists of a night in the pub each season with them arguing over who goes to which matches, me 'refereeing', and nobody remembering what was agreed the day after :drink:

Now, with the new 'lottery system' and post Covid, I suspect that ID (probably photo) is going to be mandatory. My son is in his mid twenties, but looks younger (it's in the genes :wink:) whilst his two cousins are late 30s/mid 40s and would never pass as him, being a little more 'weathered'.

I don't know if it's possible, but I really need to get the ticket transferred into one of their names (they both have memberships, but not Season Tickets). I suspect they are resourceful enough to get an ID in the other one's name, they are brothers even if they don't look alike.

How do you reckon we should do this ?

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Get them on the waiting list.

If there is no waiting list any more it shouldn’t be a problem to sort with the club.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia

Ever since the Amex opened, I've had two season tickets in mine and my son's names (I pay for both). Just over 3 years ago, my son moved to London and only comes to games very occasionally. So two of my nephews have 'shared' his ticket for the last few seasons. Which consists of a night in the pub each season with them arguing over who goes to which matches, me 'refereeing', and nobody remembering what was agreed the day after :drink:

Now, with the new 'lottery system' and post Covid, I suspect that ID (probably photo) is going to be mandatory. My son is in his mid twenties, but looks younger (it's in the genes :wink:) whilst his two cousins are late 30s/mid 40s and would never pass as him, being a little more 'weathered'.

I don't know if it's possible, but I really need to get the ticket transferred into one of their names (they both have memberships, but not Season Tickets). I suspect they are resourceful enough to get an ID in the other one's name, they are brothers even if they don't look alike.

If I was you I would email Mr Barber and ask for his assistance , hope this helps .

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
I don't rate your chances. A friend of mine tried to do something similar and was told he would have to surrender the other ticket and the person who wanted it would have to go onto the waiting list, otherwise it wasn't fair on people who had been waiting..

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I don't rate your chances. A friend of mine tried to do something similar and was told he would have to surrender the other ticket and the person who wanted it would have to go onto the waiting list, otherwise it wasn't fair on people who had been waiting..

Which is, of course, the correct answer.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I’d rate chance of success at zero........ticket will have to be (rightly IMO) given up. Essentially would be allowing someone to jump the waitlist if this was allowed to be done wouldn’t it ?

Photo ID 100% required for Covid-controlled games - PB stressed this several times tonight, that it will be checked and there won’t be any exceptions.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford

Do you support diving players cheating too?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I’d rate chance of success at zero........ticket will have to be (rightly IMO) given up. Essentially would be allowing someone to jump the waitlist if this was allowed to be done wouldn’t it ?

Photo ID 100% required for Covid-controlled games - PB stressed this several times tonight, that it will be checked and there won’t be any exceptions.

Did he stress PHOTO ID though ? I'm pretty sure it's only ID - in which case a debit card etc would work.

As an aside, I'm currently changing doctors ( some on here will probably guess why ) and they don't accept a driving licence as proof of ID ! Nope, only a utility bill - quite difficult for my 19 year old step daughter to provide as she's changing too.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Unfortunately, can't see it happening if there are people who have paid to be on the waiting list. About 8 years ago we transferred my nephew's ticket to my daughter when he went to Uni but at that time there wasn't a waiting list (or at least one you had to pay to join). Since he finished Uni, he got another season and each year gets a move closer to where we sit. Just across the aisle now.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I had a similar dilemma recently. Unfortunately, the only (correct) way is to add your nephew's name to the Waiting List, and be prepared for a wait! Once he gets to the top of the list you can change the names, and the ST in your son's name will be allocated to one of your nephews. My daughter is now position number 7,763 on the list - so it could be several years before we can transfer my wife's ticket into her name. It seems a bit harsh, but I can understand the reason the club does it this way. When I spoke to the club the only ray of light they could provide is that they think Covid will reduce the waiting list quite a bit, as some people will be less willing to go to live games (personally, I'm not sure that will be a big factor....the best way to reduce the waiting list is relegation!!).

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Did he stress PHOTO ID though ? I'm pretty sure it's only ID - in which case a debit card etc would work.

As an aside, I'm currently changing doctors ( some on here will probably guess why ) and they don't accept a driving licence as proof of ID ! Nope, only a utility bill - quite difficult for my 19 year old step daughter to provide as she's changing too.

Yes....photo ID was stressed and repeated. The ticketing email and website are also clear on that.

Odd the docs won’t accept a driving licence- virtually anywhere else does[emoji2369][emoji2369]

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Yes....photo ID was stressed and repeated. The ticketing email and website are also clear on that.

Odd the docs won’t accept a driving licence- virtually anywhere else does[emoji2369][emoji2369]

That's worrying.

So Barber hasn't considered that there may be fans who don't drive and don't have a passport. What then?

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I had a similar dilemma recently. Unfortunately, the only (correct) way is to add your nephew's name to the Waiting List, and be prepared for a wait! Once he gets to the top of the list you can change the names, and the ST in your son's name will be allocated to one of your nephews. My daughter is now position number 7,763 on the list - so it could be several years before we can transfer my wife's ticket into her name. It seems a bit harsh, but I can understand the reason the club does it this way. When I spoke to the club the only ray of light they could provide is that they think Covid will reduce the waiting list quite a bit, as some people will be less willing to go to live games (personally, I'm not sure that will be a big factor....the best way to reduce the waiting list is relegation!!).

Had similar dilemma last season but didn't resolve it- even with covid is she still 7763 on the waiting list? Other people were saying the waiting list has evaporated completely? Would be interesting to know the current size of the list.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Really? I tried to change the name on my second season ticket about 6 years ago and was told I could do so but would have to pay a charge (around £60 if I recall correctly) and lose all the loyalty points accrued by the previous 'owner'. I asked what would happen if I didn't change the name, and was told that they don't check ID, do they, so.....nothing.

A mate of mine has two season tickets at Arsenal. Among the blokes seated around him, STs have been bought and sold among acquaintances such that one is still in the name of someone who died several years ago. I expect this sort of thing is commonplace, and becomes an issue only, as we have seen at the Albion, when someone advertises and sells on a ticket for a game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here