Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Does NSC have an expert on protein folding?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Won't this one from the BBC article suffice?

"The whole way in which a protein functions is dependent on its three-dimensional structure and protein function is relevant to everything in health and disease. By knowing the three-dimensional structures of proteins we can help to design drugs and intervene with health problems whether those be infections or inherited disease."

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
The smell of the AI revolution...

People are going to embrace it, lets hope the AI:s embrace the people... I have my doubts.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I am sure the experts on international trade who turned their attention to respiratory diseases will have no problem giving their fixed opinion on this.
You mean the fixed opinion they were given on their Facebook news feeds ?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I did quite a lot of work with DeepMind pre-Google acquisition. Interesting bunch... not that I had any idea what they were really doing. Although I did learn that this kind of stuff was the new animal testing, apparently they used to regularly get bomb threats etc because people thought this was aiding the rise of SkyNet etc

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Won't this one from the BBC article suffice?

"The whole way in which a protein functions is dependent on its three-dimensional structure and protein function is relevant to everything in health and disease. By knowing the three-dimensional structures of proteins we can help to design drugs and intervene with health problems whether those be infections or inherited disease."

Ha. In fairness, I only had the Science Mag link when I started writing the post, not the slightly more digestable Beeb version.

Will be interesting to see how the tabloids report it anyway.

I did quite a lot of work with DeepMind pre-Google acquisition. Interesting bunch... not that I had any idea what they were really doing. Although I did learn that this kind of stuff was the new animal testing, apparently they used to regularly get bomb threats etc because people thought this was aiding the rise of SkyNet etc

See, I knew they'd be an NSC link. :laugh:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Technically its true, China's mass surveillence project - named Skynet - is aided by AI and plenty of countries use facial recognition technology, also AI based.

Its a non-question though, people (these days) generally love the idea of mass surveillance and sees no issues with it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here