Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Welsh Pubs

Saltydog

Aug 29, 2011
Ocean Wave
Tbh I'm surprised people still don't grasp that being drunk in a closed space is one of the riskiest environments for transmission. Saliva. People covering each other in droplets as they mouth off after a few drinks. That, and as mentioned, bad decision making when drunk.

Seems some don’t need to be drunk to make bad decisions.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Tbh I'm surprised people still don't grasp that being drunk in a closed space is one of the riskiest environments for transmission. Saliva. People covering each other in droplets as they mouth off after a few drinks. That, and as mentioned, bad decision making when drunk.

OK. Why does it make any difference what time you close if you don't serve alcohol? No more or no less likely to become infected a 5pm or 7pm? It is ill thought out rules and silly restrictions which risk the rules coming into disrepute. If pubs are an issue keep em closed but statistically the riskiest place to contract covid is allegedly food shops? I'm not against restrictions far from it but they need to be thought out and effective.

We risk repeatedly having half effective lockdowns which do not provide an effective remedy and instead merely kick the can down the road..

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
OK. Why does it make any difference what time you close if you don't serve alcohol? No more or no less likely to become infected a 5pm or 7pm? It is ill thought out rules and silly restrictions which risk the rules coming into disrepute. If pubs are an issue keep em closed but statistically the riskiest place to contract covid is allegedly food shops? I'm not against restrictions far from it but they need to be thought out and effective.

We risk repeatedly having half effective lockdowns which do not provide an effective remedy and instead merely kick the can down the road..

It's like this...bottle of rum in the car, take mouthful, rush in pub to pre-ordered coke, take swig shake head, sorted.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I would still go to the pub and watch an Albion game without being able to drink. Watching them indoors alone is awful.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011

I agree, my original point was just concerned with alcohol giving us slobbery chops. :thumbsup:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
90% of our trade comes from the 2 pubs that sandwich our betting shop , there will be no point in us opening from Saturday this week whatsoever and will have to furlough the 3 staff again, 80% of bugger all wages is a right kick in teeth just before Christmas, my town has already lost 15 businesses since April with 6 closing for good in the last month , in a year of ridiculous happenings this one takes some beating .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here