Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Jiminez - Fractured Skull

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Another example of Football / PL arrogance.

It is slightly tricky to determine how you manage it. If we are to allow 'concussion subs' for any head injury you can be sure it will be open to abuse / cheating. And then how can you really tell if a player has concussion or not in 1 minute, 5 minutes, 15 minutes or whatever? David Luiz felt fine, passed the concussion protocol, came back on, but said he was uncomfortable heading the ball.

Difficult one

Maybe the authorities have to trust the professionalism of club Doctors and only allow a concussion substitution on their say-so, not the whim of the coach or manager.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Well, it happens. Ryan Mason is one example. Petr Cech wouldnt have been able to keep playing if he played in a different position. Others with skull fractures returns to play within weeks... I would imagine there's all kinds of different skull fractures.

Of course it does but it just didn’t cross my mind. Cech may have still been able to play outfield possibly? Can’t remember ins and outs. Horrible incident regardless.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I desperately hope it’s not a career ender, he’s a wonderful player and that would be tragic for him.

The experience of Ryan Mason though does show it’s going to be a very long and difficult road back and he might not be able to play again. Wishing him all the best.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here