Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] 'Handbags'

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Things must have changed then, back in 2008, Hawesy was a BBC employee but I was a freelancer under contract to the BBC, yet we were both suspended on the Thursday the day after the ‘offence’.

What probably hasn’t changed is the listener complaint policy, it would have only taken one single complaint, and then the whole process paid for by the licence payers.

At some point the BBC will have to release the level of complaints, obviously maintaining the complainers anonymity, but will have to say how many actually complained and what they didn’t like.

Back in 2008 when our matter reached the hearing stage it transpired that only one person had complained about what had been said on air at half time of the LDV trophy game between Albion and Leyton Orient, BUT they hadn’t been listening they’d been told about it!

It was me who told the complainer about your comment and I’m proud I did.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
As with most things, ridiculous if taken in isolation, more reasonable when taken in context. Mind you, who's interested in context these days?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I know quite a bit about handbags as it is my lovely wife’s ‘thing’

I would be pretty pissed off if she attacked any one with one of her many Dior, Cochinelle or Mulberry’s..

If she wanted to clump anyone I would expect her to use one of her Kate Spades but they’re not that cheap...

You wouldn't want an LV bucket bag round a lug hole, especially if it has a bottle of Moet on board!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
You wouldn't want an LV bucket bag round a lug hole, especially if it has a bottle of Moet on board!

Moët dear :glare::glare:

Oh do behave..... A Grand Cru Krug or a Don Perrignon with an LV bag. How tacky Zef.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I know quite a bit about handbags as it is my lovely wife’s ‘thing’

I would be pretty pissed off if she attacked any one with one of her many Dior, Cochinelle or Mulberry’s..

If she wanted to clump anyone I would expect her to use one of her Kate Spades but they’re not that cheap...

My wife says she's not that bothered about handbags. Meanwhile she has a handbag DRAWER that is rammed full of them.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Things must have changed then, back in 2008, Hawesy was a BBC employee but I was a freelancer under contract to the BBC, yet we were both suspended on the Thursday the day after the ‘offence’.

What probably hasn’t changed is the listener complaint policy, it would have only taken one single complaint, and then the whole process paid for by the licence payers.

At some point the BBC will have to release the level of complaints, obviously maintaining the complainers anonymity, but will have to say how many actually complained and what they didn’t like.

Back in 2008 when our matter reached the hearing stage it transpired that only one person had complained about what had been said on air at half time of the LDV trophy game between Albion and Leyton Orient, BUT they hadn’t been listening they’d been told about it!

By that standard then, if they receive one complaint about the suspending of Steve Thompson, they should apply the same policy and treat it equally seriously. Would they?

Hmm ................

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Its bollocks

Reminds me of Yes Minister

Bernard Woolley: Remember that letter you wrote "round objects" on? Sir Humphrey has commented on it.

James Hacker: What's he say?

Bernard Woolley: "Who is Round and to what does he object?"

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia

Hawesy & Harty woz innocent

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Kinel ,god help us if another country decides to invade over this obscenity of human rights , having to rely on a deadly joke to wipe out the enemy ,without the joke containing a sexual innuendo will spell the end of Great Britain as we know it .

Dance around that if you will .

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Kinel ,god help us if another country decides to invade over this obscenity of human rights , having to rely on a deadly joke to wipe out the enemy ,without the joke containing a sexual innuendo will spell the end of Great Britain as we know it .

Dance around that if you will .

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput! No innuendo in that as far as I'm aware.

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
I guess it’s because of its female connection and a suggestion that women are weaker? Having been the victim of sustained and quite vicious “handbag” abuse myself, I do feel some empathy with this topic. I have also had my man-purse targeted in a similar way. I can handle this, but less butch men might not.

Physically Women are weaker.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here