Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Papa Bouba Diop

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Former Fulham midfielder Papa Bouba Diop has died aged 42. Always thought he was decent at Fulham, tough midfielder built like a beast.

RIP

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Former Fulham midfielder Papa Bouba Diop has died aged 42. Always thought he was decent at Fulham, tough midfielder built like a beast.

RIP
Very good player yes. Crikey. What's happened? Is it another heart thing?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Very good player yes. Crikey. What's happened? Is it another heart thing?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Not seen the actual cause mentioned yet, most reports are just mentioning a long illness.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
He was the first player to score in the 2002 World Cup finals as Senegal beat the holders France 1-0. I remember their funny celebration after scoring. Also took a half day from work to watch it in the pub. That Senegalese team reached the quarter-finals. So many similarities with Cameroon in Italia '90.

Makes me think of my own health. He wasn't that much older than me. RIP Papa Bouba Diop. :(

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
He was the first player to score in the 2002 World Cup finals as Senegal beat the holders France 1-0. I remember their funny celebration after scoring. Also took a half day from work to watch it in the pub. That Senegalese team reached the quarter-finals. So many similarities with Cameroon in Italia '90.

Makes me think of my own health. He wasn't that much older than me. RIP Papa Bouba Diop. :(

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Try and live life to the full. With the crap our family have been through this year I can’t offer any other advice.
Rip big man and thoughts to his family and friends.

Tragically young.

Last edited:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Farewell to the wardrobe. :nono:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
ALS (MND as I think you call it over there).

Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis? That took a mate of mine in no time aged late 40s :down:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis? That took a mate of mine in no time aged late 40s :down:

Yes. Seems like a real shit disease and footballers are, depending on region, two to ten times as likely to get it. Most people believe that it is because of heading the ball a lot but others think it could be connected to PEDs or some type of grass fertilizer but no one knows. Shitty either way. I remember how sad I was when I saw Ricksen announcing he had it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDOUvGljM80

Always been intrigued with this disease since watching some Stephen Hawking documentary when I was a kid. The body just pretty much shutting down while the brain remains 100% fit, must be pretty ****ing terrifying.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here