Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Darth Vader RIP

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
RIP Darth Vader and The Green Cross Code Man

One and the same, David Prowse, sadly has left the building at 85.

Yet another part of our youth gone forever. ��

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
RIP Dave Prowse, a hero of mine, especially after meeting him aged 10 at the height of Star Wars fever in 1977. :(

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
He came to my school, as the Green Cross Code man rather than Darth.

:)

RIP

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I thought he died years ago. Would have been interesting if he’d done the voice too. “Im your fath-er, and I drink ci-der!”

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Was lucky enough to have met him in a café in Worthing. I have a signed photo and signed Vader helmet among other things.
RIP

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I've had his son in my spare bed. A giant of a man. My friend met him at the David Prowse gym SE1 and she now lives in Margate with him baking cakes.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Should have never had James Earl Jones do the Vader voice, a West Country Darth would have been special...

It would’ve been brilliant.

WARNING: contains clueless American who can’t tell the difference between Scotland and Bristol.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
The merged thread title needs to also acknowledge his role as Patrick Magee’s Muscle Mary in A Clockwork Orange.

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
I met him in 1970’s when he came to my primary school as the Green Cross Code man - I was 5 years old at the time - still remember it clearly. He was a giant of a man!! Very sad RIP David Prowse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Can anyone remember the celebrity’s who did the Green Cross Code public information films?

I can recall Alvin Stardust, Joe Bugner and Kevin Keegan but were there any more?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here