Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] MOTD. 28th Nov 2020

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Expected nothing less than all the chat to be about Liverpool and how hard done by they are.

The Prem especially is in a pretty shit place at the mo what with var ****ing up most games and the big guns throwing their toys out the pram about having too much, yet wanting it all. I almost want them to **** off to a super league and be done with it tbh

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I think the bit that got me was when Murphy said “Brighton changed in the second half, don’t know why” Followed by “Liverpool changed it up after half time by bringing Henderson on” well that’s ducking why you prat. Funny how the former Liverpool player did not think it was a pen until they showed a clip of Salah getting awarded a pen that was similar but even less obvious. The only MOT pundit I don’t mind is Ian Wright, even if he is ex scum

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
poor amount of analysis on the game. so yeah VAR is a problem, so dont dwell on it so much and spend more time on the other 88 minutes?

monty uk

Sep 25, 2018
WTF is Klopp on about and why the extended analysis about a 12:30 kick off because of a Wednesday match?
If they play at 12:30 or 3:00 they would still need to travel down on Friday.
At least they would get back to Scouseland early and be tucked up in bed by midnight if they have an early kick-off.

And they must have 5 subs too.

Get over it Klippity.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I gave up on motd a long time ago. All focused on the big clubs.
If we play well it's because the opposition had an off day or the officials robbed them, if we get beaten it's because we're little ol' Brighton and should be beaten every week.
It's the same old bollocks with the same old dinosaurs.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Henderson and Klopp have both gone down massively in my estimation after their post-match comments. I wasn't overly-bothered by Liverpool as a team playing good football and getting results (disregarding the massive section of their fans that are clueless ***** that couldn't point to Liverpool on a map), but they've shown their true colours in acting hard done by after VAR actually worked as it should for a change. I'm not just saying that because it was in our favour, I am man enough to admit when we do or don't get decisions in our favour, but the two disallowed goals and the two pens were clearly correct by the letter of the law.

We all know Klopp would've been gushing about how great we were had they taken three points off us.
Deflecting attention away from his team underperforming onto the manager of a struggling side who happens to disagree with his opinions was embarrassing to watch. Much as Potter's interviews are pretty dull, I'm glad we don't have someone at the helm that's willing to throw a fellow pro under the bus as an excuse for his shortcomings.

Just as I said I wouldn't support an England team with Grealish in it after his antics last week, Henderson has further cemented that with his baseless bullshit comments. **** England and **** Liverpool.

Have this one for your ****ing stats database Jurgen:
Screenshot_20201129-004632__01.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201129-004632.jpg
    Screenshot_20201129-004632.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 393
Last edited:

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Expected goals means nothing against us. We know teams score against us with the fewest amount of chances.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I don't know what you're all moaning about. Klopp and Liverpool are much more important than little old Brighton. GPott didn't even get a look in earlier on BT.

#TeamsLikeBrighton

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I think the bit that got me was when Murphy said “Brighton changed in the second half, don’t know why” Followed by “Liverpool changed it up after half time by bringing Henderson on” well that’s ducking why you prat. Funny how the former Liverpool player did not think it was a pen until they showed a clip of Salah getting awarded a pen that was similar but even less obvious. The only MOT pundit I don’t mind is Ian Wright, even if he is ex scum

That's up there with the worst bit of 'analysis' of a game I've ever heard. :lol: they had 4 games to analyse ffs!

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
WTF is Klopp on about and why the extended analysis about a 12:30 kick off because of a Wednesday match?
If they play at 12:30 or 3:00 they would still need to travel down on Friday.
At least they would get back to Scouseland early and be tucked up in bed by midnight if they have an early kick-off.

And they must have 5 subs too.

Get over it Klippity.

All this bloody 5 subs chat. Where has it come from and how can the big clubs suddenly not cope with 3 when it's been 3 for donkeys years and the format of the prem, cups and European leagues hasn't changed for years either?! Quite often they don't even use 3 subs ffs, especially Pep!

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I do watch MOD to see all the goals not for chat. However I can fully understand why big sides dominate proceedings. There are millions round world who want to watch Man Utd Liverpool etc and listen to what there managers say. Viewing figures for yesterdays game would have been huge compared to say when we play lower team and fact is big majority want to here what Klopp has to say.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

to be fair the real change in tactics came with Maupay leaving the field as Trossard played a lot deeper.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I do watch MOD to see all the goals not for chat. However I can fully understand why big sides dominate proceedings. There are millions round world who want to watch Man Utd Liverpool etc and listen to what there managers say. Viewing figures for yesterdays game would have been huge compared to say when we play lower team and fact is big majority want to here what Klopp has to say.

Indeed. Given that a thread on a certain Brighton forum about what Klopp had to say is twice the size of the one about how good Bissouma was, it's hardly surprising that BBC focused on it. :shrug:

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016

I don't think anyone really minds that MOTD, SKY,BT all spend more time on the big six, than the other 14. That is perfectly reasonable considering the level of interest across the country in those clubs. and that interest is the other 14 is much more localised. What pisses people off is ignoring the other 14 to the extent that they do.

Yesterdays MOTD and BT is a prime example, Brighton deserved the point, it wasn't a lucky point gained after Liverpool battered us,and somehow failed to score, while we had 11 players camped in our box. Some great played by the team all over the park. BT couldnt even be bothered to show Potter post match, and instead chose to let Kliipty Klopp have his rant on how unfair everything is to Liverpool, and how Sheffield Utd stopped him having 5 Subs, and MOTD again barely mentioned Brightons contribution to what was a great game of football.

All most fans actually want, is a fair assessment of their team, praise when its due, and simple acknowledgement that sometimes, other teams play good football, and are not there simply to allow the big six to have points

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Having just watched MOTD the coverage and comentary were ok but the pundits in the studio was awfully biased towards Liverpools performance, it really feels like MOTD need some new pundits what was it Murphy said he "always agree with Henderson" well if that's an unbiased view!

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I don't think anyone really minds that MOTD, SKY,BT all spend more time on the big six, than the other 14. That is perfectly reasonable considering the level of interest across the country in those clubs. and that interest is the other 14 is much more localised. What pisses people off is ignoring the other 14 to the extent that they do.

Yesterdays MOTD and BT is a prime example, Brighton deserved the point, it wasn't a lucky point gained after Liverpool battered us,and somehow failed to score, while we had 11 players camped in our box. Some great played by the team all over the park. BT couldnt even be bothered to show Potter post match, and instead chose to let Kliipty Klopp have his rant on how unfair everything is to Liverpool, and how Sheffield Utd stopped him having 5 Subs, and MOTD again barely mentioned Brightons contribution to what was a great game of football.

All most fans actually want, is a fair assessment of their team, praise when its due, and simple acknowledgement that sometimes, other teams play good football, and are not there simply to allow the big six to have points

You should copy and paste that onto the MotD comments section, not that any execs will read it.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016

Sadly that is true . The lunchtime sat game is one of the most expensive for the broadcaster to purchase . They want the big teams on that time slot as they get the biggest viewing figures. Liverpool viewing figures worldwide is second only to Man Utd apparently.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here