Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Government vaccine minister. Nadhim Zahawi.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Obviously a wealth of experience in this field so what could possibly go wrong ? Just look at his 'previous'. :ohmy: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55115037

Maybe it all makes sense when you look at Johnson's " previous " ? Someone who was sacked twice for lying,lied to the Queen and lied to two ex-wives, this bloke can't be anything as bad as the man who appointed him :facepalm:

Last edited:

Recidivist

Apr 28, 2019
Worthing
Seen him on TV a number of times and comes across as a complete a**hole but good at defending the indefensible.

So will fit in well when the vaccine rollout proves to be less than “world-beating”!?

Hope I’m wrong though as UK really needs to get this right .......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
No doubt his first decision will be to appoint a start firm run by a friend of Johnson to deliver the vaccine even though the firm has no distribution network and it's only current van is being repaired

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Maybe it all makes sense when you look at Johnson's " previous " ? Someone who was sacked twice for lying,lied to the Queen and lied to two ex-wives, this bloke can't be anything as bad as the man who appointed him :facepalm:

Whilst I am always happy to mock a tory, from that link, Leaky, I can't see what he's done wrong.

Perhaps we need a (YouGov) poll.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
:lolol:

Oh, you're not joking.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Thought the name was familiar. Bought a very interesting thought-provoking book by Mr Zahawi a few years back. Co-author... one Matthew Hancock :ohmy:

'Masters of Nothing: Human Nature, Big Finance, and the Fight for the Soul of Capitalism'

41JcFYU+rHL.jpg

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
No doubt his first decision will be to appoint a start firm run by a friend of Johnson to deliver the vaccine even though the firm has no distribution network and it's only current van is being repaired

They should get Zahawi's phone and copy his contacts and then in a few months look to see how many of them have made money out of the distribution of the vaccine!!!

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Why do we even need a vaccine minister? Effectively it is just another NHS purchase with a few simple rules as to who gets it first. Cannot be that hard surely?

If only. What with everyone needing two injections, storage issues, and the manpower to administer on such a huge scale. I'm predicting a huge foul up of the logistics required to run it smoothly!

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
If only. What with everyone needing two injections, storage issues, and the manpower to administer on such a huge scale. I'm predicting a huge foul up of the logistics required to run it smoothly!

Well it does not need a minister to do it though. Just pass the logistics onto experts, like the Army for example, along with suitable financing and let them get on with it. A minister will just interfere for the sake of it to justify their existence. Governments should be enablers, not doers.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
a quick precis, please?

Pretty much what the title says really. 'Masters Of Nothing' is a play on 'Masters Of The Universe', Tom Wolfe's term for Wall Street's 'big swinging dicks' (Wolfe's term again). It was written in the aftermath of the 2008 global financial crash, and argues that unless the creed of Greed Is Good stops being obscenely rewarded, then history is destined to repeat itself. Or something like that. Anyways, it's a good read. IMHO, like

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Why do we even need a vaccine minister? Effectively it is just another NHS purchase with a few simple rules as to who gets it first. Cannot be that hard surely?

its little different to flu vaccine roll out which they do annually. the minister is there to show its important and to report to the house, opposition kept asking for one so there's someone accountable. he'll roll up each week to say how many hundred thousand people have been vaccinated, how well its all going, while taking questions on why the village of Upper Whipplethrope hasn't received any yet.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
its little different to flu vaccine roll out which they do annually. the minister is there to show its important and to report to the house, opposition kept asking for one so there's someone accountable. he'll roll up each week to say how many hundred thousand people have been vaccinated, how well its all going, while taking questions on why the village of Upper Whipplethrope hasn't received any yet.

In other words, he’ll probably just get in the way.......

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I may be stupid here but if I was told that 100 million items had to be dispersed around the UK I know where I'd start.
Amazon, Tesco & Just Eat. between them they can get an item from a factory anywhere in the UK to a front door in under 24 hours. I'm sure they could spare a few people from their top table for a week or so to put in place the logistics and software to get it done.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Pretty much what the title says really. 'Masters Of Nothing' is a play on 'Masters Of The Universe', Tom Wolfe's term for Wall Street's 'big swinging dicks' (Wolfe's term again). It was written in the aftermath of the 2008 global financial crash, and argues that unless the creed of Greed Is Good stops being obscenely rewarded, then history is destined to repeat itself. Or something like that. Anyways, it's a good read. IMHO, like

ta, stating the bleeding obvious tho' isn't it? .......two man job? ...to write a whole book ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here