Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] January Window

T.G

Mar 30, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
I don’t think it’s correct that we don’t like doing business in the January window; we’ve made some significant signings over the last few years: Ulloa, Upson (and tried to sign Van Dyke), Stephens, Kayal, Knockaert, Sidwell, McArgie and, most recently, Lamptey. If a player we’re after becomes available, then we’ll swoop.

Yes of course that's why I said generally. The thought being that clubs are panic buying to avoid relegation, push on to a top three position and so prices are inflated. This would obviously not deter us from buying someone we need if its good value.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Available for first team selection:

Andone
Izquierdo
Tau
Moder

Long term targets (possibly the summer):

Dia
Edouard

A player from a relegation threatened team:

Pope (probably need to wait for the summer)

Players to go:

Zeqiri (loan)
Molumby (loan)
Sanders (loan)
Bernardo (sale)
Sanchez (loan)

If we had Edouard and Dia as well as Tau and Andone, in addition to what we have got, we would have (incredibly for us) Way too many strikers!

Strikers are hard to keep happy without game time, as we saw at the weekend.

On the other hand in a COVID affected year, it does make sense to run a bigger squad than you would usually have.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
My mate snuck in on Saturday to the Amex to see the team play and he reckons they're all shithouse. Get rid and start again :moo:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
My guess is either Pröpper will be sold or Molumby will go out on loan ( or both ).

Sanders and Zeqiri to go out on loan.

Bernardo to be sold.

Walton or Steele to be sold, or Sanchez to go out on loan.

Only U23s to be bought in ( and maybe immediately loaned out ).

Moder to join squad.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here