Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] January Window

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
We potentially have Andone, Izquierdo, Tau, & Moder who could join the squad in January, depending on injury recovery & the terms of loans. Doubt we’ll be doing any business.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Love Ryan but wouldn’t mind competition - maybe the Arsenal / Villa bloke Martinez would have been good - doubt there’s truth in the Henderson link but could be...

Also LWB competition - I did suggest 6 month loan for Alonso from Chelsea as a stop gap...

Apart from that I think we’re well covered at the moment.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I don’t think it’s correct that we don’t like doing business in the January window; we’ve made some significant signings over the last few years: Ulloa, Upson (and tried to sign Van Dyke), Stephens, Kayal, Knockaert, Sidwell, McArgie and, most recently, Lamptey. If a player we’re after becomes available, then we’ll swoop.

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
Send Lallana out on loan to get some experience ...

But nah, potentially recall one of our loans? Or send some out, can see Molumby and Sanders back out again on a short term

Machi

Sep 18, 2020
Hove
I highly rate Maty Ryan but I'll go for Ugurcan Cakir. He is available - some gossips last transfer window- but apparently Brighton didn't want to pay so much money

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
I highly rate Maty Ryan but I'll go for Ugurcan Cakir. He is available - some gossips last transfer window- but apparently Brighton didn't want to pay so much money

My roommate is a huge Galatasaray fan and raves about this guy. However, watching some of the games from Turkish league, the standard is woeful, so I would be a bit nervous about signing a player from there.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Someone on loan to cover LWB and LB. Bernardo, unfortunately, is evidently not good enough so we really need someone to cover March and Burn. We've got the Polish lad coming for next season so a loan is all we need.

It'll be interesting to see if Andone gets a place in the squad or if Moder is brought over.

Other than that I suspect it'll just be young players for the U23's and U-18's. The squad is looking pretty good right now.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Which Scholars at Chelsea are coming to the end of thier contracts?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Available for first team selection:

Andone
Izquierdo
Tau
Moder

Long term targets (possibly the summer):

Dia
Edouard

A player from a relegation threatened team:

Pope (probably need to wait for the summer)

Players to go:

Zeqiri (loan)
Molumby (loan)
Sanders (loan)
Bernardo (sale)
Sanchez (loan)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here