Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] January Window

T.G

Mar 30, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
With Andone due back (I believe?) and Izzy playing for the U23 apart from another glut of centre halves do we need anyone in the window? With finances being tight and a general reluctance to purchase in January I think it will be a very quiet window.

Btw what is the collective noun for a group of centre halfs? An Albion of Centre backs ?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
For the very first time in living memory I feel absolutely no angst about signing someone in January. At the risk of incurring [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] s wrath I wouldn’t be averse to some proven quality competition for Ryan though :shrug:

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Ryan replacement for me.

Love the little fella. But even Salah's shot bounced over him today. He doesnt make many mistakes, but he doesnt save a lot that he's not expected to either

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Ryan replacement for me.

Love the little fella. But even Salah's shot bounced over him today. He doesnt make many mistakes, but he doesnt save a lot that he's not expected to either

Not sure what you expect Ryan to do in that situation, he stood his ground and spread himself to try and cover the angles. Can't really legislate for Salah scuffing his shot.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Replace the Aussie dwarf and get in a decent striker and we would fly up the league.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
For the very first time in living memory I feel absolutely no angst about signing someone in January. At the risk of incurring [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] s wrath I wouldn’t be averse to some proven quality competition for Ryan though :shrug:

Ryan replacement for me.

Surprised to see Sanchez not even on the bench again today, following his very promising debut against Spurs. Would still like him to have a run of games - looks like he is shaping up to be a valid rival/replacement for Ryan, IMHO. Wouldn't like to see a good young player like Sanchez pushed further down the pecking order, unless we're getting Alisson or similar in.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Surprised to see Sanchez not even on the bench again today, following his very promising debut against Spurs. Would still like him to have a run of games - looks like he is shaping up to be a valid rival/replacement for Ryan, IMHO. Wouldn't like to see a good young player like Sanchez pushed further down the pecking order, unless we're getting Alisson or similar in.

Curious as to what you saw vs Spurs that stood out re: Sanchez. He didn't put a foot wrong but also didn't have much to do.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Curious as to what you saw vs Spurs that stood out re: Sanchez. He didn't put a foot wrong but also didn't have much to do.

That's true really, but if you watch him play for the U23's, he's very impressive. He dominates the box and comes off his line to claim corners and crosses. I'd like to see him given a chance but then I don't really rate Ryan. There must be a reason why Steele is number 2 though I suppose.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

Release the hounds.

I agree the squad is generally in good shape provided Welbeck stays fit.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
That's true really, but if you watch him play for the U23's, he's very impressive. He dominates the box and comes off his line to claim corners and crosses. I'd like to see him given a chance but then I don't really rate Ryan. There must be a reason why Steele is number 2 though I suppose.

Personally, I would love to see Sanchez get a loan for a good Championship team.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think we need 3 more centre backs.....and bring the bloke back from derby!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't see the point of rocking the Ryan boat, in January, esp doing it in a half arsed 'competition for' fashion.

Do it
Do it once
Do it in the summer

When the club will (hopefully) for financial reasons be able to:-

Do it properly.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Dont think anyone will come in unless someone gets seriously injured. One or two central midfielders (Pröpper & Molumby most likely) will probably leave and Bernardo as well if there is a decent (well, any) bid for him. Probably none of them would get replaced as there is plenty of midfielders and March/Burn are a capable duo, but if any replacements arrive, it will be Karbo & Moder.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Potentially we could have the two polish lads and tau. certainly a couple could easily leave too

The Polish left back has got to watching our games, looking at Lamptey and be having seconds thoughts about his singing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here