Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] UK Power Networks Text Re Possible Cut to power

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Just had this texted to me , I’m in West Hove!!

This is UK Power Networks. Due to a safety issue on our electricity network, we may need to switch off some power in your local area. We do normally contact our customers in advance, but as this is for emergency work and in the interest of public safety, we're unable to provide you with much notice. It is a possibility that your power will not be affected by this, if you would like more information call us on 08003163105

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

This is UK Power Networks. Due to a safety issue on our electricity network, we may need to switch off some power in your local area. We do normally contact our customers in advance, but as this is for emergency work and in the interest of public safety, we're unable to provide you with much notice. It is a possibility that your power will not be affected by this, if you would like more information call us on 08003163105

Probably because our wind power has dropped off and we are having to import 'Leccy from France ( They have a Nuclear power surplus usually ) and the Netherlands.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I would ring the number and advise them your credit card details

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

That's the number for South East UK Power Networks.

I wouldn't call it from a link, but otherwise it is a legitimate number.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9611469 said:
I've also had the text message and I'm in Central Hove

Well obviously it's a scam and they think everyone in Hove is senile. They've done their homework, I'll give them that.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Just wait until we go all electric cars.

The National Grid say that the windfarms that are confirmed to be built in the next 10 years are more than sufficient to allow every internal combustion car currently in the UK, be replaced by an electric equivalent without putting any strain on the network.

Furthermore, electric vehicles will be used as a battery for your house should there be any interruption to your electricity supply.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
We did have a power cut this morning, plenty of swearing and moaning because we thought we would miss the match.
Came back on well before kick off thankfully.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Text to a mobile?

Unless they are using GPS to establish where your mobile phone currently is located, why would they assume you are reading your phone text whilst in Hove - you could be anywhere.

Ooops - unless you're in Covid tier three when everyone will be at home - yeah, right ....

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The National Grid say that the windfarms that are confirmed to be built in the next 10 years are more than sufficient to allow every internal combustion car currently in the UK, be replaced by an electric equivalent without putting any strain on the network.

Furthermore, electric vehicles will be used as a battery for your house should there be any interruption to your electricity supply.

let hope so, because its not going to be very clever forcing everyone in to EV then having to re-commission coal generators to run them. an awful lot of wind needed just to keep up with existing demand. the battery thing make me very uncomfortable, they seem to be relying on us not using vehicles when there is power demand, and only charging when low demand. what happens on a cold Feburary with high pressure, millions go to drive home and find the car is flat because its been discharged?

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Oh this is delightful, I’m surprised power cuts are permitted in the south ? Surely you can just steal some power from the frozen north? you know; that wasteland of post industrial inbreds without the wit to see beyond their Covid super spreading noses...

I’m not bitter.

No not I.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here