Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] UK Power Networks Text Re Possible Cut to power

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Text to a mobile?

Unless they are using GPS to establish where your mobile phone currently is located, why would they assume you are reading your phone text whilst in Hove - you could be anywhere.

Ooops - unless you're in Covid tier three when everyone will be at home - yeah, right ....

I registered to receive texts a couple of years ago after a power cut in my area, as exciting as your ditty is I’m afraid to say there’s nothing sinister to report [emoji23]

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We did have a power cut this morning, plenty of swearing and moaning because we thought we would miss the match.
Came back on well before kick off thankfully.

I got a text to warn me. It was a fault in an underground cable in Lawes Avenue. Thankfully it didn’t last long.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I got a text to warn me. It was a fault in an underground cable in Lawes Avenue. Thankfully it didn’t last long.

Before we moved to this house about 12 years back we lived in the next road, got regular power cuts including one on Christmas Day for at least 4 hours.
Some neighbours would have power though as the street was apparently fed by different cables.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Before we moved to this house about 12 years back we lived in the next road, got regular power cuts including one on Christmas Day for at least 4 hours.
Some neighbours would have power though as the street was apparently fed by different cables.

I’m assuming they can switch to alternative cables in the interim because it was only off for 15 mins. It certainly wasn’t a dig up the road repair.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here