Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Does Graham Potter get enough praise

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Well quite a lot of the most critical people are only here when the team loses or draws against a weak side.

Most weeks then.

Some people love 'entertainment'

Others prefer winning games.

Stupid thread imho. If we start getting results then he'll get credit.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The last time Brighton lost to a 'weak' side was Palace in February, 25 games ago. Maybe it sticks on the memory because it was the last home game we had fans at, but can I repeat, TWENTY-FIVE games ago. Since then we've only lost to Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs and Everton.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
The last time Brighton lost to a 'weak' side was Palace in February, 25 games ago. Maybe it sticks on the memory because it was the last home game we had fans at, but can I repeat, TWENTY-FIVE games ago. Since then we've only lost to Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs and Everton.
How many wins in those 25 games?

You can spin it all you want, the reason he's not getting more credit is because we're still more or less where we've been for the last 3 and a bit seasons now. Just above the bottom 3.

Great so far - edge of the seat at times, tearing hair out others with the tippy tappy from the back (glad to see less of that the last few games). Only negative the totally BIZARRE lineup for Tottenham and the softly softly against Burnley when we should clearly have gone on the attack. Its like we were the away team in that one.

Settle for 13th at the end of the season - that would be good progress.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Think you’re harsh on [MENTION=267]TSB[/MENTION] - no idea who they are, but think he/she cares as much as the rest of us...... Don’t really follow Spence.
(Sorry Spence) [emoji2]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He went mad last season an got absolute pelters for it. 'Potter Out' and 'I love Boris'. Seems to have disappeared now. Probably snuffling around Das Reich's arse in the bear pit. :shrug:

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

You can spin it all you want, the reason he's not getting more credit is because we're still more or less where we've been for the last 3 and a bit seasons now. Just above the bottom 3.

Because under Potter its the belief that we can win games rather holding on for a draw and sneaking win if we are lucky.

It’s not just about style of play either, it’s also players mind set and backroom staff mind set. Under CH who was the right manager at the right time for us, we were a team that had a defensive mind set. It was all about not losing. Now it’s about winning and the risks that go with it and you don’t change that in a season, especially with the players that he inherited. A new style and in many cases new players, it takes time.
GP has changed Solly March beyond all recognition, Bissouma has come into his own and I suspect we will all be pleasantly surprised with how well Ali J will have done by the end of the season.

Interestingly, I believe 1-2 seasons ago we would have lost the last two games. We are now doing to others as has been done to us.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003

If you want to be negative, be negative, if you don't want to see the potential and improvement and the positive course we're on, fine. Up to you. But don't throw silly statements out like 'basically we lose or draw to weak teams every week' because it isn't true.

For the record, in the league over that 25 game period we've beaten Norwich, drawn with Burnley, West Brom and Palace, beaten Villa, beaten Newcastle, drawn with Newcastle, beat Burnley. W4 D4 L0. If you want to add Arsenal, Leicester, Wolves and Southampton to the weak teams list, I wouldn't, but if you want to you can add another W1 D3 L0. - overall W5 D8 L0

Its certainly not spin to deny that we 'lose or draw' to weak teams every week.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
If you want to be negative, be negative, if you don't want to see the potential and improvement and the positive course we're on, fine. Up to you. But don't throw silly statements out like 'basically we lose or draw to weak teams every week' because it isn't true.

For the record, in the league over that 25 game period we've beaten Norwich, drawn with Burnley, West Brom and Palace, beaten Villa, beaten Newcastle, drawn with Newcastle, beat Burnley. W4 D4 L0. If you want to add Arsenal, Leicester, Wolves and Southampton to the weak teams list, I wouldn't, but if you want to you can add another W1 D3 L0. - overall W5 D8 L0

Its certainly not spin to deny that we 'lose or draw' to weak teams every week.
I didn't say anything about weak teams. I said results/league position hasn't changed.

I see potential but i don't think the "blowing smoke up his arse" as another poster put it, is quite warranted yet.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
I didn't say anything about weak teams. I said results/league position hasn't changed.

I see potential but i don't think the "blowing smoke up his arse" as another poster put it, is quite warranted yet.

That was London Irish .... he has a history of talking bollocks. He’s best avoided.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
I do think he gets enough praise from the supporters on here and the media. The style of football is positive and entertaining but the table shows 10 points from 10 games. That is decent enough but not impressive. I believe though that we are improving and an increased points tally will bring more praise.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003

Yeah you did. Swansman said 'people complain when we lose or draw against weak teams' and you replied 'most weeks then'.

I won't blow smoke up his arse until, well ever, because that sounds like a horrible thing to do :lolol: but praise where praise is due. His recent work on our defensive side is obvious, both by the fact we've only lost to those six top sides in the last nine months, not to mention the evidence of our eyes at the defensive performance in our last two games against good attacking sides, it's an obvious improvement.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Great so far - edge of the seat at times, tearing hair out others with the tippy tappy from the back (glad to see less of that the last few games). F negative the totally BIZARRE lineup for Tottenham and the softly softly against Burnley when we should clearly have gone on the attack. Its like we were the away team in that one.

Settle for 13th at the end of the season - that would be good progress.

Yeah, the defensive mind set against Burnley was a real headscratcher. Just 19 shots, what was that all about? We had 12 shots in the first half, the most we have ever attempted in the opening 45 minutes of a Premier League game. Can't understand why we didn't go on the attack :shrug:

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Under Potter for the first time in my supporting life I can see us winning a cup without an unfeasable amount of luck, in fact a totally deserved win - and yes I was around in 83 but I had a life back then and didn't follow the albion as closely as I do now. We go toe to toe with the big names and really give them a game.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire

It's a great start, Kali Gull 👍

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
And it would have been nice of BT Sport to give him the respect of a live post match interview today rather than allow a top six manager make a point.
Especially when said manager spent a large portion of it slagging off BT Sport [emoji23]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here