Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Does Graham Potter get enough praise

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Its all in the initials innit :shrug:
Gus Poyet got the Albion playing decent footy in the Championship.
Graham Potter getting the Albion playing decent footy in the PL.
Long may it continue :albion2:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Oh, and in case I forgot, he has balls the size of Watermelons.

No strikers ? 3 strikers ? 5 centre backs ?

He's Graham Potter, he does what he wants,
He's Graham Potter, he does what we waaaants :albion2:

(wine may have been taken)

Indeed this. If his (media) personality was more like the way he approaches football, he would be the talk of the town in any town.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Enough praise from whom?

Other managers can't stop praising our style, the pundits seem to love the transformation Potterball has brought, Tony Bloom, the only man who counts, extended his contract way earlier than anyone expected and (most of) the players talk highly of him. So, yeah, from everyone other than the fans he gets more than enough praise.

And us? Not everyone is going to think the same thing. It's a game of opinions after all. But I think this thread demonstrates many or most approve and praise too.

The football is unrecognisable from that played under Hughton but the results are not. Yet. There's a danger when you play like we do of giving all the big boys a good game but losing, while at the same time failing to unpick a low block deployed by some of the lesser teams. And a lot of that was turning out to be true. But in the last two games the tide has turned against that too. There has been a bit more luck in terms of refereeing decisions, a real never say die attitude and points to go with it.

I believe Potter is popular with the vast majority of Brighton fans at present, including myself. Conversely the number of "Potter Out" fans are miniscule, a handful. Keep getting results like the last two weeks and even they might disappear eventually. But that does not make him above criticism if something isn't working and folk should expect that if results head south, however well we are playing, the criticism will get louder.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I don't think Potter get enough praise from the media. A lot of the talk tonight on MOTD will be about our clear and obvious penalty, or about Klippity comments regarding game kick off times. If we're lucky we might get a patronising good result for [MENTION=41606]Teamslike[/MENTION]Brighton. From what I have seen when we are live, the build up is about our opponents if against a big team or about the top 6 when against the smaller teams.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Its all in the initials innit :shrug:
Gus Poyet got the Albion playing decent footy in the Championship.
Graham Potter getting the Albion playing decent footy in the PL.
Long may it continue :albion2:

Here's our next manager, then.....

Gary Joseph Pratt (born 22 December 1981) is an English cricketer and footballer, best known for running out the Australia cricket captain Ricky Ponting while appearing as a substitute fielder for England during the 2005 Ashes series. Pratt is primarily a left-handed batsman but also bowls right-arm off breaks.

Pratt performed well in his early career, picking up the NBC Denis Compton Award in 1999 as the most promising young player at Durham County Cricket Club, and scored a century for England Under 19s. He stayed on at Durham, scoring more than 1000 first-class runs in 2003. Pratt has failed to match that form since. He did not play a single first-class game in 2005 (although he famously appeared as a substitute fielder for England) and in August 2006, Durham announced that they had decided not to renew Pratt's contract. He has since appeared for Crook Town F.C. in a Northern League Division Two fixture against Brandon United F.C. He has signed for Cumberland minor county cricket club for the 2007 cricket season.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Enough praise from whom?

Other managers can't stop praising our style, the pundits seem to love the transformation Potterball has brought, Tony Bloom, the only man who counts, extended his contract way earlier than anyone expected and (most of) the players talk highly of him. So, yeah, from everyone other than the fans he gets more than enough praise.

And us? Not everyone is going to think the same thing. It's a game of opinions after all. But I think this thread demonstrates many or most approve and praise too.

The football is unrecognisable from that played under Hughton but the results are not. Yet. There's a danger when you play like we do of giving all the big boys a good game but losing, while at the same time failing to unpick a low block deployed by some of the lesser teams. And a lot of that was turning out to be true. But in the last two games the tide has turned against that too. There has been a bit more luck in terms of refereeing decisions, a real never say die attitude and points to go with it.

I believe Potter is popular with the vast majority of Brighton fans at present, including myself. Conversely the number of "Potter Out" fans are miniscule, a handful. Keep getting results like the last two weeks and even they might disappear eventually. But that does not make him above criticism if something isn't working and folk should expect that if results head south, however well we are playing, the criticism will get louder.

That's the spirit. Potter OUT!!! Smeddie IN!!!

:lolol:

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
He’s got us playing the best football I’ve seen since Poyet IMO. As others have said, we’re only a decent goalscorer away from fighting for top 10 IMO. Sometimes his decisions are baffling but it’s fun none the less :)

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
How many on here where moaning at Potter when we went one down and took a striker off

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
for the revolution he has overseen at the Albion?

As far as I’m concerned, with TB’s backing, he has performed a fecking miracle. Yet some seem obsessed with the fact that we are not climbing the table enough, and are not really progressing

I have never enjoyed watching the Albion as much as I have over the last season and a bit :shrug:

Results mean everything to some but quality of football is much more important to me

What think you?
Nope

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Potter certainly gets enough praise from other managers who all understand what Potter has achieved. And this isn't in a 'they play nice football but always let us win' faint praise, but need to stay on their toes during the game due to the tactical switches that Potter can introduce.

I'm certainly enjoying the line up changes and the guess the formation that Potter brings. Yes we make mistakes from time to time and need to score more from the chances we create but we are going in the right direction.

It will be interesting when the Amex is full again, whether the kick it long supporters have been won over, or still moan when we keep the ball.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Nobody’s opinion counts except Tony’s

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
How many on here where moaning at Potter when we went one down and took a striker off

Not me. Like Cruijff used to say: when you are up, you make attacking changes to exploit that they are going forward. When you are down, you make a defensive sub to make sure you win the ball more quickly.

Obviously not always the right thing to do but today I think it was the right decision, needed to retake control of midfield or Liverpool would just have pretty much kept the ball until the end of the game.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Its always going to be 1 step forward 2 backwards atm but the football is good and we are improving in certain areas. Work in progress but it is progress and GP has started a revolution that Bloom had envisaged. There will be setbacks but look how far we have come.....its really exciting this Premier league journey, it may last a few seasons but let appreciate we are competing with the like of Liverpool, United & City, Arsenal, and other established teams. Who have thought it standing in the away end at Hereford. We are in dreamland people.

Hopefully it'll continue to be two steps forward and one back! but, yes, I agree

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Arent there only 3 or 4 teams above us that have had more shots than us all season

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here