NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1332768440025821184[/tweet]

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Many have considered he will be a fringe player this season.

Nope, he'll take some knocking out of that midfield position

You can tell GP loves having him in for his versatility

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
This deeper role really suits him , his lack of pace seems less important in this new role but his quality to link the play is really standing out .

I have to admit I raised an eyebrow when I saw him in this position but Potter has got it spot on with this one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
The Groß humble pie is one of the two I am very happy to eat (the other being Solly). I do still think he was lacking a bit in the last couple of seasons, maybe that was down to the system. The current system where we have a proper, dynamic holding midfielder behind/alongside him in Bissouma is clearly benefitting him, he has been brilliant of late. So happy for him that he got the chance to be the hero today as well.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
The stats can’t be wrong. He is at the top of his game and turning us into a good side creating lots of opportunities. I hope he stays fit.

lovelyboy

Nov 17, 2005
Absolutely superb player and him and Biss compliment each other really well. With our back three and those two in front we have such a solid and technically brilliant base to compete from

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
long thought he was a our best player but no longer suited and time to move on. if we can make it work with him will be very happy to eat pie.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I feel like we’re some kind of Groß renaissance so far this season, and I will credit Potter for his work here. I think he identified that Alzate and Bissouma were possibly too young a partnership for every game in this league. Groß is now playing more of a box to box role, helping Biss with the midfield discipline but popping up in the final third to confound the opposition with his mind bogglingly slow but unbelievably successful Cruyff turn. Hats off to both the gaffer and the player for a slight reinvention at this stage of his career. Personally I’m delighted it’s happening as he’s been a class act since the day he signed for us.

Edit. I didn’t read [MENTION=18762]Garry Nelsons Left Foot[/MENTION] post :ffsparr:

[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

I’m happy to be proved wrong. I hold my hand up, I worried for Gross this season. He just seemed a peripheral figure last year and a world away from being first choice.

However like Solly, Gross has been reborn this season. With Mooy leaving and Propper injured he was given an interesting role in CM partnering with Bissouma. You have to credit Potter as well I think for creating these opportunities for Solly and Gross. They’ve both been exceptional.

I’d be interest to see Gross’s stats, because the bloke is pretty flawless with his passing at the moment. Always making the right pass. And I think today has reclaimed the penalty job to boot.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He and March have proved doubters from the Summer (like myself) wrong this season and I’m delighted to be proved wrong! I just wish Gross had a bit more pace. He gets away with being so slow because his engine is great and his touch and technical ability are first class. If you moulded the best attributes of him and Trossard you’d have one hell of a De Bruyne type player.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
I thought he was going to be a bit of a fringe player this season but the last couple of games he has really stepped up. His stats for creating chances are phenomenal too ! I also think the deeper role suits him, just get him taking our penalties and I’ll be happy

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Just needs that bit of pace around him, he’s got that now and is able to pull the strings.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He and March have proved doubters from the Summer (like myself) wrong this season and I’m delighted to be proved wrong! I just wish Gross had a bit more pace. He gets away with being so slow because his engine is great and his touch and technical ability are first class. If you moulded the best attributes of him and Trossard you’d have one hell of a De Bruyne type player.

Having been up front with the driver, ringing the bell, on the Solly Shuttle.
Throughout his Premier League career I've found myself dithering in the doorway.
Finally stepping off, a year ago.

I'm now too scared to step back on!

I never had such reservations about Groß, and to be honest, I'm amazed anyone ever would.

The guy oozes class and that's permanent.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
A player with a few obvious shortcomings that needs a position that suits him and the exceptional parts of his game. Looks like Potter has found it and long may it continue. If he didn't have the shortcomings, he wouldn't be here - he would be Top 6. I think the issue some people have with him is when managers have tried to wedge him in the side. A lot of away games in the first two CH seasons seemed to go on around him when he was playing as a 10. But that is all to do with the team setup and nothing to do with the player. He always gives his all and excels when we play to his strengths.

TLDR: Don't play him right wing

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
I thought he was going to be a bit of a fringe player this season but the last couple of games he has really stepped up. His stats for creating chances are phenomenal too ! I also think the deeper role suits him, just get him taking our penalties and I’ll be happy
His chance creation stats invariably up there with the best in the league, season after season.

I’m so glad he’s managed to force his way back into the first team of late in the deeper role, as it did look a little like his days were numbered under Potter. I know people use the raumdeuter term (probably more apt for his roving no.10 role under CH), I’d say he’s now becoming more of a German Pirlo for us - spraying passes off either foot with the full picture in front of him :clap2:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
A week or so ago I saw this tweet.

[TWEET]1328231328790220801[/TWEET]

Scandalous statement in my view.

On the occasion of his first goal of the 20/21 season, which gives us a valuable point against the champions, lets have some love for arguably our greatest Premier League signing.
I saw that too and thought it was a very odd tweet, but put down to clickbait instead of getting involved.

Pascal has been fantastic since he arrived. Just because he doesn't fit the bill of a star player (high price tag, loads of pace, exciting to watch) he gets dismissed by some people. Really odd :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here