Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pascal Gross

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
A week or so ago I saw this tweet.

[TWEET]1328231328790220801[/TWEET]

Scandalous statement in my view.

On the occasion of his first goal of the 20/21 season, which gives us a valuable point against the champions, lets have some love for arguably our greatest Premier League signing.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
I am a Pascal fan. Great signing, great technically gifted player for us and seemingly a lovely fella to boot. He’s been excellent recently.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
A week or so ago I saw this tweet.

[TWEET]1328231328790220801[/TWEET]

Scandalous statement in my view.

On the occasion of his first goal of the 20/21 season, which gives us a valuable point against the champions, lets have some love for arguably our greatest Premier League signing.

You have to say, whatever the gaffer has asked him to do, he gets on with it, no complaints.
In my book team player.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Statistically the most important player for us in the Premier League.

No better provider at the club.
Some of the new boys need to step up a good deal, before he can be considered past his best.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
He's done really well recently. At the end of last season and over the close season I thought he was the most likely midfielder to be moved on but since he's dropped deeper he's looked decent.

Even if he had moved on over the summer he would have been a terrific value signing. The fact that he's still producing is even better. Well done Pascal! And well done Potter for putting him there and reinventing him(at least in Albion colours).

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I’m fully aware that I constantly undervalue his importance to the squad. The number of times I’ve written him off, assuming him to be past sell by date, replaced by younger, better players.

Wrong every time.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Kept us up in our first season, in my opinion.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As is customary I have absolutely no idea how a 'supporter' of the Albion can rationalize that fandom along with derogatory comments about this man:-

[tweet]1332391237891076101[/tweet]

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Do you ever see this man being a really important player for the club again

BHAseagulls_com
[MENTION=24902]bhaseagulls[/MENTION]_com
Do you ever see this man being a really important player for the club again? 🤔👇 #BHAFC.

He was, He is and He will continue to be so :bowdown:

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
He's done really well recently. At the end of last season and over the close season I thought he was the most likely midfielder to be moved on but since he's dropped deeper he's looked decent.

Even if he had moved on over the summer he would have been a terrific value signing. The fact that he's still producing is even better. Well done Pascal! And well done Potter for putting him there and reinventing him(at least in Albion colours).

Exactly my thoughts. I believed he may have had his day, but he was superb today in that deeper role. It suits him because he does not have to rely on pace and only has to cover two thirds of the pitch which helps him get thru the 90 minutes

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Should have taken the first penalty, I’m always confident when he steps up to take one.

Been a good player for us, seems to suit that deeper playmaker role better as his lack of pace isn’t as exposed there.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I feel like we’re some kind of Groß renaissance so far this season, and I will credit Potter for his work here. I think he identified that Alzate and Bissouma were possibly too young a partnership for every game in this league. Groß is now playing more of a box to box role, helping Biss with the midfield discipline but popping up in the final third to confound the opposition with his mind bogglingly slow but unbelievably successful Cruyff turn. Hats off to both the gaffer and the player for a slight reinvention at this stage of his career. Personally I’m delighted it’s happening as he’s been a class act since the day he signed for us.

Edit. I didn’t read [MENTION=18762]Garry Nelsons Left Foot[/MENTION] post :ffsparr:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Has been and still is my favourite current BHA player. Worked hard today, and put the icing on top to win us a valuable point.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
And he can take a penalty. The Saints boss rates him.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
As is customary I have absolutely no idea how a 'supporter' of the Albion can rationalize that fandom along with derogatory comments about this man:-

[tweet]1332391237891076101[/tweet]

Absolutely superb, our best signing in the Premier league

And I didn't realise that the beginning was in slow motion until the third time I watched it :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here