Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ***Player Ratings vs Liverpool ***

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Never give credit to players for working hard...That should be automatic.. I always thought Connelly did very little that was not predictable outside of box and thought he would develop into out and out goal poacher Beginning to doubt that now. I do wish he would stay on his feet. I know he has gained us penalties but outside of box it just stops movement of play.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Did everyone miss Webster being so far off Salah and trailing behind him before a ridiculous offside got us out of jail?
Thought he had a solid game - a comfortable 7 perhaps - but still needs to learn about positioning at the top level.

Also worth a mention. White’s composure coming forward with the ball also starting to reach expectations

This is a typical comment. Webster was facing up to Firmino who produced an absolutely delightful touch and pass (highlighted by the commentators), whereas it was Dunk who was trailing behind Salah. This is just one example of many. It's obvious that most of NSC don't like Webster. I say most, because I do.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Ryan - 5 - Little to do except the three shots on target which all end up in the net. Too far forward for their goal
Veltman - 7 - Very good passer. Does have a habit for some needlessly panicked clearances. Will be unlucky if dropped though
White - 7 - Outstanding progress continues. Needs to work on not playing people onside. Should he have blocked their goal?
Dunk - 7 - Normal leaders performance
Webster - 6 - Still looks as if he's only filling in on that left side
March - 8 - GP is getting the best out of him and he's a managers player. Pragmatic in possession, plays percentages and tracks runners. Not sure he's the best at set pieces though
Bissouma - 8 - Better than anything they had
Gross - 8 - Classy player, kept us ticking over today. I was very confident he'd score his penalty
Connolly - 7 - Keep thinking, he's 20 years old. Solly has really only just hit his straps at 26. Persevere with this fella and we'll be rewarded. I'm not crazy about the reaction though.
Maupay - 6 - Conspiracy theories abound! Injured or not, a match or two out of the firing line probably won't hurt. He'll be a big player for us
Wellbeck - 6 - Some poor decision making in the final third today, but movement unsettled them

Lallana - Needs a rest to sort out whatever needs to be sorted. Game time for Alzate and MacAllister likely in December
Jahanbaksh - 5 - desperate to make an impact. Fluffed his lines with the header
Trossard - 4 - Normally either terrific or anonymous. Today anonymous

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Ryan 6
White 7.5
Dunk 7
Webster 7.5
Veltman 8
March 8
Gross 8
Bissouma 8
Connolly 7
Welbeck 7
Maupay 6

Trossard 6.5
Lallana - n/a
AJ - 6

GP - 9 MoM

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Ryan - 5 - Little to do except the three shots on target which all end up in the net. Too far forward for their goal
Veltman - 7 - Very good passer. Does have a habit for some needlessly panicked clearances. Will be unlucky if dropped though
White - 7 - Outstanding progress continues. Needs to work on not playing people onside. Should he have blocked their goal?
Dunk - 7 - Normal leaders performance
Webster - 6 - Still looks as if he's only filling in on that left side
March - 8 - GP is getting the best out of him and he's a managers player. Pragmatic in possession, plays percentages and tracks runners. Not sure he's the best at set pieces though
Bissouma - 8 - Better than anything they had
Gross - 8 - Classy player, kept us ticking over today. I was very confident he'd score his penalty
Connolly - 7 - Keep thinking, he's 20 years old. Solly has really only just hit his straps at 26. Persevere with this fella and we'll be rewarded. I'm not crazy about the reaction though.
Maupay - 6 - Conspiracy theories abound! Injured or not, a match or two out of the firing line probably won't hurt. He'll be a big player for us
Wellbeck - 6 - Some poor decision making in the final third today, but movement unsettled them

Lallana - Needs a rest to sort out whatever needs to be sorted. Game time for Alzate and MacAllister likely in December
Jahanbaksh - 5 - desperate to make an impact. Fluffed his lines with the header
Trossard - 4 - Normally either terrific or anonymous. Today anonymous

Maupay and WELBECK the same score?!

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
This is a typical comment. Webster was facing up to Firmino who produced an absolutely delightful touch and pass (highlighted by the commentators), whereas it was Dunk who was trailing behind Salah. This is just one example of many. It's obvious that most of NSC don't like Webster. I say most, because I do.
I really don't think there are any here who don't like Webster, it's more to do with the incredible level of performance you need to nail down a spot in our defence at the moment. Webster is a very good player playing well, but so is Veltman. Veltman will probably be dropped next week. There are quite a few not totally convinced that's the right selection. In my view Webster is slightly down the pecking order

Anyway. Can't argue with gp, who seems to be doing OK.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
In defence of our own, our very own sulky little Belgium.. well he’s not 100% fit, clearly... this and he tends to be a bit good in these kind of games hence he was barely given space to breathe by a virtually world class team. A team we matched and very nearly beat, whilst at the same time very nearly losing to.

It’s the Albion way, and I for one love it.

In consideration for this Tross gets a virtual nosh from Kosh, which translates as an 8. Good man.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Ryan 6 - Bet he was surprised by how little he had to do,
White 8- Fantastic in the main.
Dunk 8 - Welcome back Lewis where have you been?
Webster 7.5 - Good solid performance too
Veltman 8 - Looks a class act wherever he plays
March 8 - His confidence and therefore his performance levels are increasing game by game.
Gross 7- I still prefer Alzate personally but good pen and did very little wrong.
Bissouma 9 = Wow. He gets better and better starting to look a class act. Big clubs will be watching...
Connolly 7 - Missed a big chance and he cannot do that at this level but his movement troubled Liverpool and with some luck could've scored a brace.
Welbeck 7 - Gives us guile and presence and not a little knowhow.
Maupay 6 - Great pass for Connolly, missed the pen doesn't look himself but nowhere near the liability that some idiots on here are suggesting.

Trossard 6 - Anonymous. Sometimes very frustrating.
Lallana - n/a
AJ - n/a

Potter 8 tactically surprised Klopp 1st half and has us playing some very good football

This

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Did everyone miss Webster being so far off Salah and trailing behind him before a ridiculous offside got us out of jail?
Thought he had a solid game - a comfortable 7 perhaps - but still needs to learn about positioning at the top level.

Also worth a mention. White’s composure coming forward with the ball also starting to reach expectations

I think you need to watch that again, tbh.

There was only one of the three centre backs to blame for offering up that chance, and it wasn’t Webster.

It was White, switching off, and very, very nearly playing Salah onside, after the others had stepped up and trapped him off.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Ratings from the stats-based sites:

Sofascore

Ryan 6.4

Webster 6.6
Dunk 7.1
White 7.2

March 7.4
Bissouma 7.5
Gross 7.3
Veltman 6.9

Connolly 6.6
Maupay 6.5
Welbeck 7.2

Trossard 6.3
Ali J 6.8

Whoscored

Ryan 5.9

Webster 6.2
Dunk 6.8
White 7.0

March 7.2
Bissouma 7.5
Gross 7.1
Veltman 6.7

Connolly 6.5
Maupay 5.9
Welbeck 7.5

Trossard 5.8
Ali J 6.5

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
And another one.

No you’re right, I was thinking of the one in the second minute that Salah put wide.

As for not liking Webster, you can do one. I’m supportive of every Brighton player and think Webster has been brilliant, especially since the return. However, if I think any player had a bad game I’ll say so. That’s the point of the player ratings thread. If you don’t like fans opinions on player performances I suggest you avoid it. Who are you anyway, the player ratings police? Weirdo.

Ps WhoScored, sofascore and the BBC all rated him around a 6. So my 6 was hardly a controversial rating

Last edited:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I think you need to watch that again, tbh.

There was only one of the three centre backs to blame for offering up that chance, and it wasn’t Webster.

It was White, switching off, and very, very nearly playing Salah onside, after the others had stepped up and trapped him off.

Quite right. My bad. I’m sure I was thinking of the Salah free run and shooting chance in the first minute or two.
I’m a big fan of Webster but something in the way we set up isn’t right

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Quite right. My bad. I’m sure I was thinking of the Salah free run and shooting chance in the first minute or two.
I’m a big fan of Webster but something in the way we set up isn’t right

Watch THAT one back, too...

White played him on, for that one as well!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
White was SUPERB btw, ignoring, the ‘not quite in sync, on the stepping out’ thing...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here