Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ten games completed

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
It's actually our worst start to a Premier League season, although I'd suggest it's the best we've played in the Premier League.

2018-19 W4 D2 L4 F11 A13 GD-2 Pts14
2017-18 W3 D3 L4 F10 A11 GD-1 Pts12
2019-20 W3 D3 L4 F12 A14 GD-2 Pts12
2020-21 W2 D4 L4 F14 A16 GD-2 Pts10

But when comparing like for like, using the Uncle Jeff Coefficient, we are 6 points better off than last season. (Omitting the West Brom fixture.)

The UJC compares results with equivalent fixtures the previous season.

el punal

Heavily reliant once again on the teams below us being pitifully crap. Not a good place to be.

That might have been the case back in the closing months of 2018/19 season when we couldn’t buy a win for love nor money. We are much more positive now and I would suggest we are heavily reliant on OURSELVES to achieve the results required than look for favours elsewhere.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Heavily reliant once again on the teams below us being pitifully crap. Not a good place to be. And yes I do know we just drew with Liverpool, and beat Aston Villa at their place last week

Wrong. 10 points from the fixtures we have had is a good return and bang on track to set us up for a good middle part of the season. There is a big gap to the relegation teams in terms of points and most of them have had an easier start than us. So actually not relying on them being worse at all.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Dont understand this attitude, The champions are reliant of everyone else being worse than them, the top 5 rely on the next 15 being worse than them, and team finishing 17th rely on the 3 below to be worse than them. That's how a league works. The places are always awarded by this method .

Especially considering the football we're playing. We are a cracking team to watch and are gaining more and more praise in the media for it. Our downfall has been missing gilt edged chances and conceding softly (although I feel we've tightened up a lot lately overall), but we look far from a team desperately hoping there are 3 teams worse than us given the confidence and swagger we often play with no matter our opponent.

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
I’m loathe to say it, but opposition teams seem to be allowing us to impose our style in games. Hopefully this will continue, but I wonder whether the lack of crowds has anything to do with this, both home and away. We’ve not had to play away at hostile venues or at home in front of what can be a nervous and impatient audience.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Burnley and wet bron home shit results

the rest been ok

Saints a big game for us

Frustrating to watch but exciting for a neutral.

Not far off mid table side

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here