Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ten games completed

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Here we are at the ten games completed point which has generally been accepted as the first way mark of the season so over to you

10 games
10 points
6 points clear of the last relegation spot

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Heavily reliant once again on the teams below us being pitifully crap. Not a good place to be. And yes I do know we just drew with Liverpool, and beat Aston Villa at their place last week

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Heavily reliant once again on the teams below us being pitifully crap. Not a good place to be. And yes I do know we just drew with Liverpool, and beat Aston Villa at their place last week

Nope!!
We have had a very tough start. Staying on track is about as much as we could hope for, and no one can say we haven't been unlucky with results to date.

As per LL's comment we are bang on track for safety.
Palace on 13 pts are -4 against the tracker, easier games and have taken easier points.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016

Dont understand this attitude, The champions are reliant of everyone else being worse than them, the top 5 rely on the next 15 being worse than them, and team finishing 17th rely on the 3 below to be worse than them. That's how a league works. The places are always awarded by this method .

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Dont understand this attitude, The champions are reliant of everyone else being worse than them, the top 5 rely on the next 15 being worse than them, and team finishing 17th rely on the 3 below to be worse than them. That's how a league works. The places are always awarded by this method .

Exactly. Every year there are “crap teams” and so every year the “crap teams” are the ones you have to finish above. It’s the same story every season and completely irrelevant. The standard doesn’t really change one year to the next and you can only beat what’s in front of you.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
We are tracking 4 or 5 points below the level of our performances IMO. We are significantly better than not only those below us but at least 2/3 above us too. Need luck with injuries but I think we'll finish 10-12th

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Nope we are doing very well and the only dodgy performance was 45 mins vs WBA. Jeez we are an entitled bunch these days and you should know better having been there during the “lucky to still be in the football league” days.

You are sounding VERY entitled :rolleyes:

mashman156

Aug 7, 2009
Southampton
Been a good start to the season, very pleased but the conversation rate is where there is a concern. Welbeck will certainly help that and hope to see Maupay get back to last seasons form.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
We are tracking 4 or 5 points below the level of our performances IMO. We are significantly better than not only those below us but at least 2/3 above us too. Need luck with injuries but I think we'll finish 10-12th

Yep I reckon that just about correctly sums it up. Quality all over the pitch and I am pretty sure when we start scoring the goals that we seem to be currently missing then someone is going to be pasted!

All thumbs up from me

TNBA

TTF

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

But this is how tables are, there are shitter teams below you and better teams above you. Well, unless you’re at the top or the bottom. No one says the Champions are reliant on 19 teams being shit, so we shouldn’t say the same further down imho.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's actually our worst start to a Premier League season, although I'd suggest it's the best we've played in the Premier League.

2018-19 W4 D2 L4 F11 A13 GD-2 Pts14
2017-18 W3 D3 L4 F10 A11 GD-1 Pts12
2019-20 W3 D3 L4 F12 A14 GD-2 Pts12
2020-21 W2 D4 L4 F14 A16 GD-2 Pts10

Here we are at the ten games completed point which has generally been accepted as the first way mark of the season so over to you

10 games
10 points
6 points clear of the last relegation spot

On my staying up index, I have us down as +1 more point than expected, so that is pleasing.

However, if a 4th season on the trot constantly looking over your shoulder is contentment to some, then the bar is not that high.
I would have hoped that we would be looking to progress up the league. Perhaps we will this season. Certainly there is promise, a lot of frustration and the side playing much better football & improving. Outside the bottom 4 it looks like most of the rest have improved too. It’s primarily about results & this being our 8th season in the top flight - there has still only been 1 campaign when we were not a bottom 6 side.

If only we had a half decent forward - I am sure we would be comfortably mid table.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
It's actually our worst start to a Premier League season, although I'd suggest it's the best we've played in the Premier League.

2018-19 W4 D2 L4 F11 A13 GD-2 Pts14
2017-18 W3 D3 L4 F10 A11 GD-1 Pts12
2019-20 W3 D3 L4 F12 A14 GD-2 Pts12
2020-21 W2 D4 L4 F14 A16 GD-2 Pts10

It’s all relative in terms of who we’ve played and all sorts of stuff, but I’d agree that it’s the best we have played in the PL.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
On my staying up index, I have us down as +1 more point than expected, so that is pleasing.

However, if a 4th season on the trot constantly looking over your shoulder is contentment to some, then the bar is not that high.
I would have hoped that we would be looking to progress up the league. Perhaps we will this season. Certainly there is promise, a lot of frustration and the side playing much better football & improving. Outside the bottom 4 it looks like most of the rest have improved too. It’s primarily about results & this being our 8th season in the top flight - there has still only been 1 campaign when we were not a bottom 6 side.

If only we had a half decent forward - I am sure we would be comfortably mid table.

Problem has been that we have too many half decent forwards and not enough decent ones. Maybe Welbeck can stay injury free and fit the Bill.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We’re a very good side and opposition managers and fans alike are starting to realise it big time. Lots to work on, but now where near bad enough to go down.

Invicta

NSC Patreon
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
For how well we've played, it feels like we should have 3 or 4 more points as a minimum. Not a bad start though.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here