Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bissouma

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
We haven’t sold a decent first team player for about ten years :shrug:

And not had the quality of Biss, Lamptey and to some extent, White, in that time which could attract "top 6' interest.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I think if he was enabled to play a bit more forward and get some goals under his belt he would almost be priceless. Big heart and big engine. A diamond.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I loved the in depth analysis that they did of his performance on Match of the Day, highlighting his value to the team in terms of his ability to break up play and ball retention. Glad he's getting the exposure his talent deserves.

Only joking, they don't care.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Big player who's game has come on a lot over the last 12 months or so. He had a bad habit of getting the wrong side of the ball and that seems to have mostly been coached out of him. I would expect the big boys to come calling before too long but that is not necessarily a bad thing to get to the next level we are going to have to sell and buy well. We don't have the money to do a Villa and just buy £30m players willy nilly we need to play the market well.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
We bought a young rough diamond (8-10 mil wasn’t it?) and it’s paid off big time after giving him time. The consistency is there now!

€15m

Was reported as a 5yr deal when he signed, I remember thinking it a long time for a 21 yr old I'd never heard of :)

Frankly not long enough and surely due a handy 4 year extension any time now as his current deal only has 2.5yrs remaining

I think if he was enabled to play a bit more forward and get some goals under his belt he would almost be priceless. Big heart and big engine. A diamond.

Has two in last 11 games and during that time hasn’t stopped him from trying luck from range so think it’s already a well established side to his game.

Frankly the shaping of this rough diamond is for me the best thing Potter has done since his arrival.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Several click bait sites are now reporting that The Times say that Bissouma has officially submitted a transfer request.

I assume this is the agreed pathway that he needs to go down to trigger any approaches from other clubs.
Providing the Albion agree to his request to be released of course.

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2021/05/09/reported-30m-liverpool-and-manchester-city-target-requests-transfer-exit/

I don’t believe the reported £30m will be anywhere near enough.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Several click bait sites are now reporting that The Times say that Bissouma has officially submitted a transfer request.

I assume this is the agreed pathway that he needs to go down to trigger any approaches from other clubs.

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2021/05/09/reported-30m-liverpool-and-manchester-city-target-requests-transfer-exit/

Be interesting to hear what [MENTION=10202]Not Andy Naylor[/MENTION] has to say about this

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I don’t believe the reported £30m will be anywhere near enough.

I think we all agree on that point.

My guess would be about £40m/£45m, but if Man City start bidding against Liverpool or Arsenal it could be more than that.

But none of the 'football experts' are too sure at the moment at how much of a dent the pandemic has made on the big clubs approach to spending.

In my opinion anything over £45m would be decent for a young player who is one of the finest defensive midfielders in Europe but who can't shoot straight.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

My guess would be about £40m/£45m, but if Man City start bidding against Liverpool or Arsenal it could be more than that.

But none of the 'football experts' are too sure at the moment at how much of a dent the pandemic has made on the big clubs approach to spending.

In my opinion anything over £45m would be decent for a young player who is one of the finest defensive midfielders in Europe but who can't shoot straight.

I think I might go large on him scoring an absolute Worldy against us next season :lolol:

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I reckon Palace will snap him up with a fraction of the Zaha money.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

I think that would gut me as much as GM going there, fortunately there is ZERO chance of it

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Covid depressing the transfer market generally, plus the fact the SEGW is now nearing 30, mean that Palace have had to drastically reduce their valuation. Around £200bn was the last price tag I heard.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Agree. I think it’s in all our interests now to have a bidding war. And certainly, from the noises we’ve heard all season, there’s a fair chance some big clubs will be interested, which will be great in raising the transfer fee.

Regards the transfer request, it may need to be done for contractual reasons to avoid loyalty bonuses and such. The fact Biss is playing today shows that he’s alright and not being unprofessional about it.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Most have resigned themselves to him going as this has been an open secret from the club since Christmas. They have made it obvious that they will not stop him from leaving. That though doesn't mean he'll be going for anything like 30m as I'd imagine we will be asking for a whole lot more

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
After Barber snubbing the latest rumour (Potter), I call this a load of bull unless someone comes in with that £40/45m offer.

Will be very disappointed in Biss if he goes to Arsenal, no European football and will never be appreciated (many online admitting they don't want/rate him)

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto

It doesn't say he has submitted a transfer request.

'Yves Bissouma has asked to be allowed to leave Brighton and Hove Albion at the end of the season amid interest from a trio of the Premier League’s wealthiest clubs.

This might sound like i'm being pedantic but they are very different things.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here