Date: Saturday 28th November 2020
Kick-off: 12:30 GMT
Referee: Stuart Attwell
Assistants: Gary Beswick, Adam Nunn
Fourth Official: Simon Hooper
VAR: Kevin Friend
Additional VAR: Simon Beck

TEAM NEWS

Brighton defender Tariq Lamptey will be unavailable due to suspension.

Former Liverpool midfielder Adam Lallana will have a thigh injury assessed but Leandro Trossard and Solly March should be fit.

Mohamed Salah is likely to start for Liverpool, having returned from a period of self-isolation to face Atalanta in midweek.

Jordan Henderson and Thiago Alcantara were both absent on Wednesday but could be involved against Brighton.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]Liverpool are on a run of nine consecutive victories against Brighton in all competitions, scoring 27 goals in the process.
    [*=left]The Seagulls are winless in 11 competitive fixtures versus Liverpool since a 2-0 home victory in the FA Cup fourth round in January 1984.
    [*=left]Brighton have never won a top-flight home game against Liverpool, drawing three and losing four.
Albion

• [*=left]Albion earned a first Premier League victory in seven attempts last weekend and are vying to win consecutive league games for the first time in more than a year.
    [*=left]They could set an outright club record on Saturday of nine successive top-flight home matches without a win.
    [*=left]The Seagulls have never beaten the reigning top-flight champions, drawing twice and losing 12 times.
    [*=left]Brighton's past seven Premier League goals have been scored by seven different players.
    [*=left]Danny Welbeck has only scored one goal in 16 appearances against Liverpool in all competitions.
Liverpool

• [*=left]Liverpool could go four consecutive Premier League away games without a win for the first time since a run of five between January and March 2017.
    [*=left]They have only won three of their past 10 top-flight away fixtures (D3, L4).
    [*=left]The Reds are the only team to have scored in all of their Premier League fixtures this season.
    [*=left]Liverpool could keep successive Premier League clean sheets for the first time since June.
    [*=left]Jurgen Klopp's side have lost four league fixtures in 2020, the same amount as 2018 and 2019 combined.
    [*=left]Mohamed Salah has been directly involved in eight goals in his six Premier League games against Brighton, scoring five and assisting three.
    [*=left]Diogo Jota scored twice on his last Premier League visit to Brighton but has since only managed one goal in 13 Premier League away appearances.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Graham Potter's Liverpool Press Conference

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
eNywxx6.gif

soccerstreams100(dot)tv
soccerstreams(dot)net

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Another game to write off. Makes those 3 points we secured at Villa last week ever more importanrt.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Last weekend's win against Aston Villa has Brighton & Hove Albion entering the round in 16th place. That was only their second Premier League (PL) win of the season (D3, L4) despite encouraging play that’s seen them sit in the top half for metrics such as shots (112 - 8th), touches (6106 - 10th), passes (4492 - 10th), hitting the woodwork (six - 2nd), and big chances missed (ten - 6th).

Brighton have, at least, lost just once across their last five PL matches (W1, D3), but they remain one of three winless home sides (D2, L2). Their failure to win here has come despite dominating possession, goal attempts and corners in three of those four games. Furthermore, they conceded the last goal in three of those matches, and have subsequently conceded 71.43% of their home goals during the second half.

Liverpool enter the round tied at the top with Tottenham (W6, D2, L1), but lost against Atalanta in midweek, in what was their first defeat after a run of six wins across their previous seven competitive matches (D1). Domestically the goals are flowing in all directions, with Liverpool’s PL fixtures averaging a league-high 4.11 total goals per match.

However on the road, Liverpool have won just one of four league matches so far (D2, L1) - including a 7-2 defeat against Aston Villa, whom Brighton beat in the last round. Moreover, Liverpool are yet to score beyond the 73rd minute in these matches, and netted the game's final goal in just one of the four.

Players to watch: Having returned from injury, Danny Welbeck made an impact for new club Brighton with a first-half goal in the last round. Meanwhile, another new signing Diogo Jota has been on fire with seven goals across his last seven appearances for Liverpool.

Hot stat: Brighton have conceded 3+ goals in five of their last eight PL home matches.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Despite Klopp's speech about too many fixtures and their iffy away record, I am not expecting anything from this. I think class and money tells in the end. I shall relax and enjoy it , our last afternoon game for a bit, cwith no stress.
Our December fixtures are more winnable...pick up the points then.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So excited

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9609477 said:
Conceed sloppy goal in first 5 minutes, possibly a pen, then actually play quite well but end up losing after missing a couple of sitters? PROVE ME WRONG BRIGHTON!

They're nailed on to get at least one pen

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Going to miss lamptey for sure but having veltman slot in adds a lot of stability at the back so could be a blessing. I’m cautiously optimistic today.

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
So will we continue to play out from the back against the best front 4 in the world?I say yes, it allows us to get at their makeshift back 4 . Will be scary to watch

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Not expecting anything but, if we play as well as we have been (45 against WB aside), we could get something.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
So will we continue to play out from the back against the best front 4 in the world?I say yes, it allows us to get at their makeshift back 4 . Will be scary to watch

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Yep I agree, I’m seriously considering not watching [emoji23][emoji1751]

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ben White scoring, 5 bets, all permutations - banker. :thumbsup:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills