Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Liverpool *** Official Match Thread ***

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
BT are starting to give us some credit in commentary, so how about giving us some airtime after the game you *****!

must be the third time there hasn't been tim eto hear Potter's thoughts on the game.

But I have to say the camera shots of the stadium were superb.
Got me quite emotional.
9 days to go....

I really don’t mean this how it sounds but Im not sure we missed much being deprived of a GP interview. Great manager but just too much of a diplomat to interrupt my post match cuppa.

Yeah I'm with you on that, but after a decent Brighton game I like to absorb every bit of Albion related content, no matter how trite or superficial.

Maybe we'll be first on MOTD tonight.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Brighton & Hove Albion vs Liverpool *** Official Match Thread ***

Happy with a point at the end of the day.

I'm sure most Albion fans would have taken four points from Villa away and Liverpool at home before either game had kicked off. One or two of the old frustrations of course, missing a one on one and a penalty was a bit of a sickener and it looked for a long time like we'd be punished for it. However, we stuck to our task and got what we deserved out of it.

Credit to Potter for mixing it up and playing on their weaknesses though I'm still baffled by the Connolly substitution. He was our most dangerous player!

My take on it was that we were being bossed in midfield after Klopp had brought Henderson on at half time........so he sacrificed a striker to add a number there. With Maupay already off, it had to be Connolly over Welbeck IMO. Didn’t work out because of his almost immediate substitution but Lallana is the most likely to create a decent chance (along with Groß). [emoji2369][emoji2369]

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
My take on it was that we were being bossed in midfield after Klopp had brought Henderson on at half time........so he sacrificed a striker to add a number there. With Maupay already off, it had to be Connolly over Welbeck IMO. Didn’t work out because of his almost immediate substitution but Lallana is the most likely to create a decent chance (along with Groß). [emoji2369][emoji2369]

Possibly. It's just that then having to replace Lallana he went with Ali J when he had Moloumby on the bench. So we beefed it up for about 8 minutes!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Bit unfortunate that....makes taking the point all the more impressive

Agreed. Of course we really should have been leading at half time by a goal or two. Given we weren't, then pulling it back at the death with a patched up team was very, very sweet.

Pascal may need to start every week as a nominated penalty taker - I wouldn't give Maupay another one.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Absolutely. I just think var is spoiling the game!

Agree, we are now basically back in the pre-VAR position where you win some you lose some.

Should go back to the man in the middle making the decisions along with his assistants - would be no worse than now, and the game would flow better...

Have working goal line technology, not gnats dick decisions on offsides, then most will be happy!

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry

Yes totally agree.
Great performance and fully deserved result without Tariq and Adam L effectively all game. Possibly fortunate with the pen but we missed very good chances and 1-1 is a fair result. Tactically spot on from GP and team. Dunky had an excellent game as did JV, BW, SM, YB, AC etc etc. Just a great TEAM performance with AJ in the mix too. Well played Albion

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I’m in tears... so sad ...first caller of 606 Liverpool supporter moaning about how things aren’t going there way this season zzzzzzzzz

Suck it up and stop ya fekin moaning

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I thought we might get something today... not sure why?!? just that old feeling - and, we did... well done boys! a progressive and historic result in every sense.

Here's hoping we continue this trajectory against the Saints.

Albion.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Still buzzing after today, great effort. Feeling like we can give anyone a proper game now. Just real pity about the injuries

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Well I think we fully deserved the 1pt today. The BT commentary team were so bias think they had red shirts on. Kept harping on about the two goals scored that were both offside, think they need to understand offside means they do not count.
Just knew Maupay was going to miss and it seemed somewhat odd he went off within minutes. Hopefully Lallana is not injured too bad either, he seemed to run off ok.
Connolly and Welbeck played well and I thought Veltman looked solid. Bissouma or Solly Mom. AJ also had a good cameo

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
The penalty was as soft as you'll ever see.

The question you have to ask: if it was up the other end would it be given and would the plastic scousers be complaining then?

They had a soft pen at the Amex when Gross touched Salah's shoulder in the box and he fell down like he'd been shot.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Damn...

Attachments

• F42F63A3-17E0-4175-B897-5610F212580D.jpeg
    F42F63A3-17E0-4175-B897-5610F212580D.jpeg
    537.8 KB · Views: 144

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade