Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Loyalty versus, well you decide...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The dimbots on R5 just pointed out how unfair it is that uberfans who haven't missed a game home and away for the last ten years are getting priority for tickets in restricted attendance maches 'just because they have the money to watch their team home and away'. This is 'unfair' on people who 'only watch the occasional game'.

Give me strength. It takes commitment and sacrifice to watch a team home and away, no matter how rich you are.

I am not an uberfan, just a hum drum season ticket holder. All power to the uber fan, I say. Of course they should get first dibs in the lottery for restricted attendance tickets - ahead of me.

And these goons on the radio, talking bollocks, should bet told to zip it. May as well say that it isn't fair that people should be allowed to live in big houses, just because they can afford to buy them. They should be made to live in the shed. Meanwhile fat Larry should be given the right to live in a big house, because he really wants to live in one, and that would therefore be fair.

FFS. Amateur faux communists. :rant:

And....exhale.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Basically morons, quite often I despair

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I gather our (BHA) ballot is entirely random, no ranking based on loyalty, so I presume the R5 goons are talking about other clubs allowed to have fans in who have opted for a loyalty system. Either way, Burn them! Next 'JJ' will be telling is that Covid doesn't really exist and people should man up.

robinsonsgrin

Mar 16, 2009
LA...wishing it was devon..
The dimbots on R5 just pointed out how unfair it is that uberfans who haven't missed a game home and away for the last ten years are getting priority for tickets in restricted attendance maches 'just because they have the money to watch their team home and away'. This is 'unfair' on people who 'only watch the occasional game'.

Give me strength. It takes commitment and sacrifice to watch a team home and away, no matter how rich you are.

I am not an uberfan, just a hum drum season ticket holder. All power to the uber fan, I say. Of course they should get first dibs in the lottery for restricted attendance tickets - ahead of me.

And these goons on the radio, talking bollocks, should bet told to zip it. May as well say that it isn't fair that people should be allowed to live in big houses, just because they can afford to buy them. They should be made to live in the shed. Meanwhile fat Larry should be given the right to live in a big house, because he really wants to live in one, and that would therefore be fair.

FFS. Amateur faux communists. :rant:

And....exhale.

well.. you should either be watching im a celeb or gogglebox.. then you wouldnt be ranting! grin

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I'm in the higher 'loyalty' or whatever you wish to call them points threshold but this instance has too many variables.

I honestly feel that the system BHA has used is totally fair and rational for this, and I didn't get priority 1 or 2.

In other cases, Cup tickets or alike then YES, some history should be rewarded but the common sense approach has been taken here.

Some will decide not to go currently due to many reasons, and so a random allocation is totally apt imho.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
well.. you should either be watching im a celeb or gogglebox.. then you wouldnt be ranting! grin

Since Bake Off finished I've been staring sadly into the middle distance. A Crystal Palace commentary.....I'll be picking through my bin for reminders of good old times, soon, the way it's going.

:eek:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm in the higher 'loyalty' or whatever you wish to call them points threshold but this instance has too many variables.

I honestly feel that the system BHA has used is totally fair and rational for this, and I didn't get priority 1 or 2.

In other cases, Cup tickets or alike then YES, some history should be rewarded but the common sense approach has been taken here.

Some will decide not to go currently due to many reasons, and so a random allocation is totally apt imho.

Me too, Platinum 1901 and in priority 3. So it does look like it’s random and no I don’t have a problem with that :shrug:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The system is fair however is it true Huddersfield have stated those that didn't request refunds have priority ?

If they did that is very unfair

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Nailed it.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I gather our (BHA) ballot is entirely random, no ranking based on loyalty, so I presume the R5 goons are talking about other clubs allowed to have fans in who have opted for a loyalty system. Either way, Burn them! Next 'JJ' will be telling is that Covid doesn't really exist and people should man up.

Don’t have a problem with ours as such.....

Other than I will miss my first Amex game, but really I won’t be alone and that is just the luck of the draw.

I’d have more of a problem if non-season ticket holders were included, and I missed out as a result.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Me too, Platinum 1901 and in priority 3. So it does look like it’s random and no I don’t have a problem with that :shrug:

I’m in 4, we seem to have pulled the lowest..... knew I shouldn’t have been negative about Ashworth.....

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I think that the Wonderful Mr Barber, should look on NSC, anyone who is negative about the absolutely amazing job that he does, or criticises in any way, this giant of a man, or has ever fondled a flask or bottle top, should be immediately banned from the ballot. I would just like to remind the incredibly handsome Mr Barber that I have, in fact, bought a new pullover in a rather dashing shade of mustard, in homage to the great man,not that it should influence my standing in the ballot, at all.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
**** football, my ticket will go back in the tombola until I've had a needle in my arm and can visit my elderly mum on a regular basis.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

I'm with you here, probably have missed about 15 games in total in the last 4 seasons. Our little group are in the top band for away loyalty points and the club have indicated they will all be carried over when we can get to away games but for home games, I fully understand there there should be a straight forward ballot and whilst disappointed to be in priority 3 I think generally it is fair. Where I do have some reservations is with regard to 1901 tickets which are commercially held rather than for private individuals. Someone with a few commercial tickets could be grouping them together, wins in the ballot and then can allocate them to someone who rarely goes to home games at the expense of season ticket holders who are at pretty much every home game!

That said, if there is a two week review and Sussex drops into tier 1 then we might have 4k at the Sheffield or Arsenal games.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I think it would have been sensible too have allocated half of the tickets for a seperate ballot of the higher rated loyalty point holders and then a straight ballot for the remaining half.
Best of both worlds and giving those who have earned the right, a better chance of making the matches.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Not missed a game home or away pre COVID for least a couple of seasons.

I’ve landed up in priority 4 for the Southampton game.

I’d have liked to have gone given the opportunity but I don’t have any complaints or believe I have any more ‘right’ to go to the game than any other season ticket holder.

It’s an impossible situation ... in impossible times.

Maybe people should start praising people for working out a way for some people to go to games rather than moan about how some decisions don’t ‘suit’ them as an individual.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
The home and away thing depends really. I don’t go to away games as Saturday is the busiest day of my working week and I’m self employed. I do though have a season ticket and choose to forego a day’s work for home matches so that season ticket effectively costs me thousands every year. I’ve done the same since the Withdean days and will go to occasional away games when work allows (if I can get a ticket). I’d say that’s pretty loyal, even if it doesn’t entail trekking to all away matches. My view is that the away game element is something of a red herring as it provides no financial benefit to the club whereas season tickets offer an essential guaranteed regular source of revenue. The main point though is that there’ll never be a system which accurately reflects everyone’s circumstances.

No problem at all with the way the club is handling this.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
The solution to me, as I've mentioned on the other thread, would be to reward the "uber" fans once in the first game, THEN revert to a ballot treating all STH's equally.

Might be tricky for some very big clubs, but I think if you creamed off the top 2000 in our system you'd very easily be rewarding all the most loyal fans.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here