Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Chromebook problem

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Mrs Gwylan's Chromebook and son's iPhone won't connect to the wifi. When I look into it, the connection is OK but there's a DNS error, I can't reach the gateway.

I've had this problem on Windows before and I know how to fix it but I'm completely stuck with ChromeOS and iOS. I've tried googling for solutions and tried a couple of suggestions (clearing cache, restoring settings etc) but they haven't - and obviously I've tried switching both the hub and the devices off and on again.

Anyone got any ideas?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
This has happened to me a couple times. Try selecting your wifi, click network from the new page, and select Google name servers. I've also had success by using a hotspot from my phone and then re-connecting to wifi. I don't know why that worked lol.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Can you not just set the DNS on the router to static?

I don't have a static IP address. I used to but I gave it up as I didn't see the need for it

This has happened to me a couple times. Try selecting your wifi, click network from the new page, and select Google name servers. I've also had success by using a hotspot from my phone and then re-connecting to wifi. I don't know why that worked lol.

Yes, I've seen this suggestion. I've not seen anything that tells me how to find Google name servers though so I've given up on that idea. I may try the hotspot idea though

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I finally fixed it by restoring the router to factory settings. A bit of a pain but it's all good now

Thanks for the suggestions

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here