Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Southampton golden ticket poll

What did you get in the Southampton ticket ballot?

• Window 1 - will take my ticket up

Votes: 34 9.1%
  • Window 1 - will not take my ticket up

Votes: 12 3.2%
  • Window 2 - will try to take my ticket up

Votes: 93 24.9%
  • Window 2 - will not try to take my ticket up

Votes: 31 8.3%
  • Window 3 - will try to take my ticket up

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Window 3 - will not try to take my ticket up

Votes: 36 9.6%
  • Window 4 - will try to take my ticket up

Votes: 68 18.2%
  • Window 4 - will not try to take my ticket up

Votes: 37 9.9%

• Total voters

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
There doesn't seem to be any real explanation as to how the priority was arrived at? On the website it states that it will be in proportion to the number sold re season tickets, 1901 and general admission. I thought when they were first suggested the ballot it would be all season ticket holders in together whereas now it seems some have got preferential treatment without clarifying why!

Next question is whether they change your priority for each ballot for subsequent games?

My assumption is that there are 2000ish seats drawn and they are all priority 1.
Then the rest are split between the remaining 3 priority ratings.

Pretty sure they said that you would have the same chance each draw ( although i think that's a bad move tbh)

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Priority 2. Will definitely try to get tickets. I've had it once, unlikely to get it again...

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
There doesn't seem to be any real explanation as to how the priority was arrived at? On the website it states that it will be in proportion to the number sold re season tickets, 1901 and general admission. I thought when they were first suggested the ballot it would be all season ticket holders in together whereas now it seems some have got preferential treatment without clarifying why!

Next question is whether they change your priority for each ballot for subsequent games?

EDIT.
Realised that they have already run the ballot so hopefully will get a different priority in the next ballot. Can't see level 3 getting a ticket this time.

When they say "general admission" I take that to mean non-1901 STH's

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Early indication on the polls indicate a 1-2-2-2 split 2k + 4k + 4k + 4k = 14k maybe there are some fans not given a priority at all? will be interesting how the poll plays out.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Do you never stop whingeing? First the Quizzes, now the time of a real football match that you actually have a Gold Ticket for in the ballot.:shrug:

No - you should know that by now! :lolol:

(It wasn't actually a whinge - the question was whether you'd be taking your ticket up. It is actually tricky for me, but I'll be there).

Last edited:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Pretty sure they said that you would have the same chance each draw ( although i think that's a bad move tbh)

That's my only gripe with this process to be honest. The club were never ever going to produce a system that would 100% please everyone, but I think that to give more fans a chance of getting to at least one match, anyone drawn in priority 1 should be precluded from being in drawn in priority 1 for the next draw.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
That's my only gripe with this process to be honest. The club were never ever going to produce a system that would 100% please everyone, but I think that to give more fans a chance of getting to at least one match, anyone drawn in priority 1 should be precluded from being in drawn in priority 1 for the next draw.

Totally agree - and was actually going to post this yesterday. However, now I have just been drawn in priority 1.............:)

Seriously, though - you're right.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

Yeah totally agree with that.

although if I get in Priority 1 next game, I'm unlikely to do the honourable thing...

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Agreed...not quite sure why they haven't, possibly just too 'difficult' from a systems perspective perhaps.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'm Window 4 so I'm not going to bother. I'm hoping for Arsenal at Christmas

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here