Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Southampton golden ticket poll

What did you get in the Southampton ticket ballot?

• Window 1 - will take my ticket up

Votes: 34 9.1%
  • Window 1 - will not take my ticket up

Votes: 12 3.2%
  • Window 2 - will try to take my ticket up

Votes: 93 24.9%
  • Window 2 - will not try to take my ticket up

Votes: 31 8.3%
  • Window 3 - will try to take my ticket up

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Window 3 - will not try to take my ticket up

Votes: 36 9.6%
  • Window 4 - will try to take my ticket up

Votes: 68 18.2%
  • Window 4 - will not try to take my ticket up

Votes: 37 9.9%

• Total voters

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Agree. Personally think they could have done the first 500 on the top 2,000 loyalty points. Then put the rest up for sale in one window to remaining season ticket holders. Pretty much everyone has a chance that way, but those measured by the club as most loyal get more of a chance.

Yeah I agree with this.
500 - 1000 priority one spots should have gone to the highest loyalty points holders as I'm guessing these people will have been going home and away for 90% of all games.

Can't go along with it purely have been done on loyalty points though.
We've all been missing out on games, and loyalty points aren't the only marker for those deserving the chance to go.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Yeah I agree with this.
500 - 1000 priority one spots should have gone to the highest loyalty points holders as I'm guessing these people will have been going home and away for 90% of all games.

We've all been missing out on games, and loyalty points aren't the only marker for those deserving the chance to go.
There's no perfect system to measure who deserves tickets but the loyalty points is the one we have.

If it was done on loyalty points I'm not sure whether I'd be in the top 2000 anyway, I am always comfortably in the top window for away games, but that's a minimum of 3000 tickets these days and I don't go to them all.

But when you read on here that there are people who've basically not missed a game for 10 years not going, and then I have colleagues who have had a season ticket for a year, never been away, and actually support West Ham as their "main" team who've been drawn in Window 1 and will be there, it doesn't feel like the club have got it right for me. Especially as there's still a very real chance that we only get one or two games before another set of tighter restrictions.

I think just for this one game prioritising the most loyal fans would have been reasonable, ensuring they get in the doors at least once and recognising that this is quite a momentous occasion. Then going onto the ballot from then on.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
There's no perfect system to measure who deserves tickets but the loyalty points is the one we have.

If it was done on loyalty points I'm not sure whether I'd be in the top 2000 anyway, I am always comfortably in the top window for away games, but that's a minimum of 3000 tickets these days and I don't go to them all.

But when you read on here that there are people who've basically not missed a game for 10 years not going, and then I have colleagues who have had a season ticket for a year, never been away, and actually support West Ham as their "main" team who've been drawn in Window 1 and will be there, it doesn't feel like the club have got it right for me. Especially as there's still a very real chance that we only get one or two games before another set of tighter restrictions.

I think just for this one game prioritising the most loyal fans would have been reasonable, ensuring they get in the doors at least once and recognising that this is quite a momentous occasion. Then going onto the ballot from then on.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Seems as though they are doing that for the FA Cup - might have been better the other way round. Greater % of loyalty for league and more random for the cup perhaps.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Would’ve gone, but they moved it to a Monday night :tantrum:

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
If poll is replicated over all tier one holders. Poll shows approx 70% of tier ones would take up ticket. So 1400 of the 2000 tickets. Therefore only 600 for tier two!!! Leaving tiers three and four with no hope !!!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Yeah I agree with this.

Agree. Whilst I may well be in the top 500 (or thereabouts) in terms of loyalty points I'm happy that that's for away games. I'm in priority 3 so pretty much certain not to get a ticket but I'll live with that. The main improvement the club could make is to exclude from the second ballot people who go to the first game (and then again similar for the 3rd ballot).

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Love the optimism of my fellow Tier 4 people saying they will try to get one. I didn't have the heart to pick that one.

Why not? It's a Monday 8pm start, a schoolnight, it's on the telly, half the country's in Tier 3, many people are very wary of covid, particularly elderly and/or vulnerable fans of which we have many. I'd be amazed if it doesn't get to priority level 3 at least. And then there's always folks who take up their ticket and then can't go for one reason or another. Quietly reasonably confident priority level 4 here :thumbsup:

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Why not? It's a Monday 8pm start, a schoolnight, it's on the telly, half the country's in Tier 3, many people are very wary of covid, particularly elderly and/or vulnerable fans of which we have many. I'd be amazed if it doesn't get to priority level 3 at least. And then there's always folks who take up their ticket and then can't go for one reason or another. Quietly reasonably confident priority level 4 here :thumbsup:

no chance (although I hope youre right as I'm also win 4) - will all easily be gone within window 2 in my opinion

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Agree. Whilst I may well be in the top 500 (or thereabouts) in terms of loyalty points I'm happy that that's for away games. I'm in priority 3 so pretty much certain not to get a ticket but I'll live with that. The main improvement the club could make is to exclude from the second ballot people who go to the first game (and then again similar for the 3rd ballot).

I wouldn’t rule that out. The club have been very flexible in making arrangements.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

Scottish optimism? Not entirely sure it will catch on. :)

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
No. There are only 2000 people in Priority group 1. We have no idea how many are in each of the other Priority groups though.

Do you know there’s 2000 in priority 1 or guessing? Why can’t there only be 1000 all who have a guaranteed ticket. Leaving the next group and so on a chance. I haven’t seen any thing anywhere about numbers in each group only the guarantee.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Do you know there’s 2000 in priority 1 or guessing? Why can’t there only be 1000 all who have a guaranteed ticket. Leaving the next group and so on a chance. I haven’t seen any thing anywhere about numbers in each group only the guarantee.

I was saying the same earlier. That’s how it works for high demand away games so no reason to think the same won’t apply for the different windows.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
If one is in Tier 1 would they need to part with cash on Monday to secure tickets or will the cost be offset against the portion of season ticket not refunded?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
If one is in Tier 1 would they need to part with cash on Monday to secure tickets or will the cost be offset against the portion of season ticket not refunded?

Answered on a seperate thread I believe.

The cash value of the ticket you select will come off of the portion of the payments not refunded.

I guess some lucky puinters might run the risk of using up all of their funds if they pick more expensive tickets and continually win the golden ticket.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Do you know there’s 2000 in priority 1 or guessing?

Based on how the club do away games, it's a fair guess that the number of people in the first window will match the number of tickets available.

However, that number may be lower than 2,000. Liverpool, I think it is, have detailed that a number of tickets are going to players and commercial obligations they have, and it's not unreasonable to believe that the Albion will also have some seats set aside for those who won't be part of the ballot.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Based on how the club do away games, it's a fair guess that the number of people in the first window will match the number of tickets available.

However, that number may be lower than 2,000. Liverpool, I think it is, have detailed that a number of tickets are going to players and commercial obligations they have, and it's not unreasonable to believe that the Albion will also have some seats set aside for those who won't be part of the ballot.

If that is the case, and I'm not saying that you're incorrect, then I find that odd.

The clubs claim they need to start getting people back to start income generation etc etc.

If a significant portion are those on jollies and wish to be fed & watered also, then that's even less cash made by the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here