Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion ballot and ticketing process for return of fans

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Announcement here: https://tickets.brightonandhovealbi...&page=custom/documents/html/returnoffans.html

Common sense prevailing with kids: Supporters are advised that in line with the governments Test and Trace scheme it will be essential that only the named ticket holder attends the match and the passing on of tickets will be strictly prohibited. Photographic ID will be required on matchday to match the name on the match ticket. Only under 12s attending with a parent/guardian will not be required to bring photographic ID.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Announcement here: https://tickets.brightonandhovealbi...&page=custom/documents/html/returnoffans.html

Common sense prevailing with kids: Supporters are advised that in line with the governments Test and Trace scheme it will be essential that only the named ticket holder attends the match and the passing on of tickets will be strictly prohibited. Photographic ID will be required on matchday to match the name on the match ticket. Only under 12s attending with a parent/guardian will not be required to bring photographic ID.

Could it be merged with this one ?

https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?383991-When-do-we-hear-ballot-results/page5

A few questions already asked and answered.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Seems a logical way of doing it. They also seem to have done away with the proposed 6 opt out matches.

I dont expect many tickets will be put up for the exchange as if you are able to buy in your allocated priority window, you dont have to purchase a ticket. It would mean supporters actively buying a ticket but then deciding not to go for whatever reason.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Sorry if covered but cannot find in the email.

If one of your ballot group is in Priority 1, they can then assign and buy for the rest of the group, regardless of the other people in the group's Priority Window?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

If one of your ballot group is in Priority 1, they can then assign and buy for the rest of the group, regardless of the other people in the group's Priority Window?

Can’t see that being right. All groups will be in same priority window surely.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Can’t see that being right. All groups will be in same priority window surely.

From the website :

You may select up to 5 fan numbers in your group, they may be all season ticket holders, all 1901 members or a combination of both. Being part of the same group means you will be successful in the ballot together, it does not require you to sit together and does not guarantee seats being available together (please note by having a group this will not increase or decrease your likelihood of success).

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Where do you get Priority 1 from, every STH is the same

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Where do you get Priority 1 from, every STH is the same

See the Priority Window opening times from the club - they have designated everyone into windows 1, 2, 3 or 4 for the Soton game.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I think he means the first group/time window allocated – ie. if you are successful in the group 1 ballot you are guaranteed a ticket if you want it. The next group (2) then get their turn to book whatever is left over.

Oh I see, if you get picked in the ballot, in answer to that question it would be like buying away tickets you pick the seats and allocate to each person in your group so one person does it not all the group individually

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
From the website :

You may select up to 5 fan numbers in your group, they may be all season ticket holders, all 1901 members or a combination of both. Being part of the same group means you will be successful in the ballot together, it does not require you to sit together and does not guarantee seats being available together (please note by having a group this will not increase or decrease your likelihood of success).

Yep, as I thought.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The live chat function is really good

For information I have just found out that you can amend a group but the club have to cancel the existing group first to enable you to set up the group again, this can be done on the live chat facility as well as by phone

Oh I see, if you get picked in the ballot, in answer to that question it would be like buying away tickets you pick the seats and allocate to each person in your group so one person does it not all the group individually

Yes I think so.

Seems like a sensible system, so if you are selected in the ballot but A) Live in a Tier 3 area or B) Can't/Don't want to attend the match then you don't have to do anything. Just ignore it and carry on as you are, then someone in the next group has a chance to buy.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The live chat function is really good

For information I have just found out that you can amend a group but the club have to cancel the existing group first to enable you to set up the group again, this can be done on the live chat facility as well as by phone

I did it by phone yesterday - as always SS were efficient and helpful........however added someone who is in Tier 3, so he won't be able to attend anyway :shrug:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Can I just say, having not read any of this notice or guidance, that I don't understand, it's too complicated, it's completely unfair, what about the children and most of all, what if...?!

#BarberOUT!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
How are the seats set out?
Is it one seat and x empty or if a group of 5 buy tickets would they be sat next to each other?

As I understand it, even husband and wife have to sit separately. I believe children are allowed to sit with a parent.
There are at least two seats separating occupied seats and an empty row in front and behind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here