Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] CHAIRS office/gaming

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
I'd like to buy a new CHAIR. (I start all the best threads)

I'm talking about something for work, bearing in mind I spend quite a lot of time hunched over a computer. Not great on the back/knees etc. so want something that might help with that?

Have looked at some gaming chairs but to look at, a lot of them scream INCEL.

Anyone got something they recommend for extended sitting periods?

Thanking you muchly.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I can't help much, other than to say that I bought a new chair when I redid my office.

As I had bought a white desk / corner workstation thing, I went for a faux leather white and chrome chair. It's seen better days now tbf being about 6 years old. But when my cat decides to annoy me by sitting on me when I'm working, I still get to feel like Dr Evil.

So I'd get one of those. It's still very comfy, and very not INCEL.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I used to get mine from Staples, they had some made up so you could try them for comfort before buying.
Not needed one since I retired though...

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Get a Herman Miller Aeron. They are A+++++++ chairs and given the impact of COVID on businesses and offices you can probably get a refurbed one for fairly cheap. I've had mine 12 years now and still going strong

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

I'm talking about something for work, bearing in mind I spend quite a lot of time hunched over a computer. Not great on the back/knees etc. so want something that might help with that?

Thanking you muchly.

Don't know how good, but on offer... (Further 10% off if you sign up for emails)

https://www.staples.co.uk/black-lea...5931&CJEVENT=b7d2959530c011eb815f04470a18050c

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
It's worth having a look at the office clearance sites. In my experience the budget office chairs are always uncomfortable and wear out easily, the top end stuff is designed for years of heavy use.

I'm lucky that when our office was closed for covid I walked out with a decent chair that I doubt anyone will ask to have back, they're £900 brand new!

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Race car seats are extremely comfortable, and easy to mount on any kind of base you fancy as they have imntegral fastenings.

I don't mean gaming chairs which look racy, but proper ones from Sparco or Cortbeau ( local) once they go out of FiA date they pop up cheap . . .I've sold mint ones on ebay and got less than £100 for them.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Don’t buy cheap - I did as mine broke in May. It was so uncomfortable I ended up driving to work to get my office chair

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Get a Herman Miller Aeron. They are A+++++++ chairs and given the impact of COVID on businesses and offices you can probably get a refurbed one for fairly cheap. I've had mine 12 years now and still going strong

I got excited just now, googled it and the first result seemed very reasonable. Turns out it was just the headrest!

Thanks though, good to know.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
I can't help much, other than to say that I bought a new chair when I redid my office.

As I had bought a white desk / corner workstation thing, I went for a faux leather white and chrome chair. It's seen better days now tbf being about 6 years old. But when my cat decides to annoy me by sitting on me when I'm working, I still get to feel like Dr Evil.

So I'd get one of those. It's still very comfy, and very not INCEL.

Ahhh Mr LL Cool J *swivel* I've been expecting you.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patreon
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer

Thanking you muchly.

I’ve just bought an Ergo Tek mesh managers chair for home use. I’ve had the same chair in my workplace for the last 4/5 years. It is very comfortable. Not sure if it would be suitable for gaming use but it is good as a task chair. Delivered flat pack ( easy to assemble- 15 mins, even I could do it). Office furniture on line do it inc VAT and delivery for £182.

I

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
I’ve just bought an Ergo Tek mesh managers chair for home use. I’ve had the same chair in my workplace for the last 4/5 years. It is very comfortable. Not sure if it would be suitable for gaming use but it is good as a task chair. Delivered flat pack ( easy to assemble- 15 mins, even I could do it). Office furniture on line do it inc VAT and delivery for £182.

I

cheers, will look in to that. It's not for gaming I just noticed there seems to be a market for those kinds of chairs now and seeing as it probably involves sitting down for hours on end, would suit me.

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
Can’t go wrong with a Herman Miller office chair.

I bought mine second hand off eBay 10 years ago and it’s still perfect

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here