[Misc] Black Friday PRESSURE

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Been thinking about getting some clothing/merchandise from a music artist I really like for a while so I was delighted to see he was doing a 20% off deal for Black Friday. I was also surprised as he doesn’t normally do anything in the ‘normal’ way so Black Friday didn’t seem like his kind of thing. However he's in the middle of teasing an album and a lot of it has revolved around some sort of sci-fi corporation concept so it made sense. Anyway it turns out you had to call up a phone number to get a discount code which sent you to a female automated voice message which gave you 4 options.

1 was obviously the one for the Black Friday code as it was for 'Uniform Tokens'. However I decided to see what the "For all other enquires press 4." option would consist of.

You are going to die followed by the calling ending.

That's been the extent of my Black Friday shopping.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Thanks - 58" is bigger than I want. We currently have a humble 40", so I was thinking 50" tops, although you don't pay much more for the same models in 55" variants it seems.

I bought a Hisense 50” just before Project Restart ..cost £475 then ..no idea now....but I’m more than happy with it

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Bought an air hockey table for the man cave, should be great fun for me, the grandson, and when mates are over for a few beers!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
More American shit that we seem to have lapped up out of nowhere the last couple of years.

Completely highlights the greed culture of the Western world and in a nutshell the very reason why we've ****ed ourselves over as a species re climate change etc

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Succumbed. Just bought a 60" LG 4k that I didn't really need. My faithful 8-9 year old 43" Panasonic will be wall-mounted upstairs.

In my defence, we have just reconfigured the lounge, partly cos of the big tree, but I think its staying this way. As a result, my armchair is further away from the telly, so naturally I needed a BIGGER one. 60" is going to be absolutely ridiculous but....what can you do ?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
More American shit that we seem to have lapped up out of nowhere the last couple of years.

Completely highlights the greed culture of the Western world and in a nutshell the very reason why we've ****ed ourselves over as a species re climate change etc

chillout.jpg

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Had to phone back Sky this morning as I renegotiated my contract yesterday and he got all the way to the end, hit send and the system crashed. Didn't get a call back and the Black Friday prices end on Monday so that was a Black Friday pressure of sorts. All Sky stuff including Sports, Movies, multi room, HD and Netflix for £65.50 which is less than my last negotiated contract. I am sure I could have gone down the actually cancelling route but I am happy with that price.

Looks like Currys had a lot of pressure as their site kept crashing. My GF ordered my smartwatch yesterday for my birthday and the return from Paypal crashed leaving the transaction in limbo. Seems to have gone through but a quick Twitter search shows it has been up and down for days. Make sure you have the server capacity for a big sale if you are going to do one. Irony was that the watch wasn't any cheaper but Quidco had a 40% cashback offer on it so it needed doing yesterday.

Other than that, I did have a scout around and got a few other bits - Xbox controllers for £8 from Aldi being one. So I suppose I did buy things I didn't need just because but nothing major. Also bought a Steam game for 83p so I guess I am a BF sucker!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here