Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Christmas Day Cheese Board

Eric Potts

Jul 26, 2004
Top o' Hanover
Lord Of The Hundreds , an aged Goat Gouda , Roquefort , and whatever else appeals when I visit Cheese Please in Lewes.
Gouda with cumin is nice , but it takes me back to breakfasts in Amsterdam - not necessarily a bad thing , but it doesn’t speak of Christmas to me.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Flower Marie is a stunner if you like a soft cheese with a rind (already mentioned).

If you're always slightly disappointed by Cambozola or Dolcelata, try Motagnolo - you'll never go back.

We always add a decent cheddar and a vacherin.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Stilton, Camembert, Sussex Charmer, Manchego and some Goat's Cheese.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
For me, cheddar has no place on an Xmas cheeseboard. Nor does anything with bits of fruit or chilli in it, though Mrs MBH loves all that so I'll play ball.

My ideal would be a comte, a devastating blue and, of course, a Burwash Rose - the finest cheese in the entire universe.

I want to try the Burwash Rose. Do you get it from the Cheese Hut? What Blue would you get?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Xmas cheese is up there with dates and sugared almonds. Feel pressured to buy, but after all the other courses, who on earth has room left to eat? Nope, it has been scientifically proved you can get through the entire xmas period without the need for cheese.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
An extra mature cheddar, Roquefort, black bomber, burwash rose, a stinky Brie, a Camembert and a Stilton.
And whatever I see between now and then that takes my fancy

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here