Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] When do we hear ballot results

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
So...took me a moment to understand the Priority Window concept, but I wonder if the idea is you will be put into one of the 4 windows for the rest of the time (until full capacity allowed), and for each game they will switch around the order, to make it fair?

I think every match has a new ballot for which priority group STHs will be put into. From what Barber has said previously being selected in the ballot for 1 game doesn't change anything for the next game. It's a fresh ballot each time.

Also assuming the point of having priority windows and needing to actually claim your ticket, is to stop people being allocated tickets who then just don't bother turning up/don't even notice they've been "selected"? As it would cause a massive binfest if 2,000 were selected but 50-100 didn't bother turning up, when other fans would've gladly taken their spot.

Having to log in and actually select tickets if you've been picked in the ballot is a much better idea than being assigned a ticket automatically. Means if you don't want go then just don't select your ticket and let it be offered to others who do want to go.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
They have sensibly got rid of the maximum 6 opt outs. Anybody nervous about attending can wait without penalty until the stadium is at full capacity.
As I understand it there will now be very few (if any) tickets on the exchange as everybody who buys in their purchase window will actually want to go.
That is excellent. Glad they've seen sense there, it sounds as fair as possible (although i think they are brave doing anything at 5pm on a Friday!)

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
They have sensibly got rid of the maximum 6 opt outs. Anybody nervous about attending can wait without penalty until the stadium is at full capacity.
As I understand it there will now be very few (if any) tickets on the exchange as everybody who buys in their purchase window will actually want to go.
[MENTION=12101]Mellotron[/MENTION] I don’t think they will be switching the windows around for fairness. The ballot will determine your window and that is random.

Oh bollocks that’s ruined my plans :(

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
If your ballot group is selected, do you have to take a ticket for everyone in your group? I'm in a group of 4, and one can't go, so will I be able to just select 3?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
If your ballot group is selected, do you have to take a ticket for everyone in your group? I'm in a group of 4, and one can't go, so will I be able to just select 3?

‘Individuals can opt not to select seats for a match. When purchasing tickets for the group just do not assign a ticket to the member of the group who is not attending.’

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

From the wording of the site I think the answer is no. It'll be a case of assigning tickets at check out and if you miss some people off then that is OK.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Having attempted to understand the process it seems

- You are given a priority window (drawn at random) to purchase a ticket

- If you are in the priory group (call it priority 1) you are guaranteed a ticket if you buy within the window.

- If you don’t want to attend you don’t need to do anything, you will be timed out and the next priority group will have the option of your ticket.

- The 6 deferrals of not going seems to have disappeared on the basis that a subsequent priority grouped person books your ticket.

I’m confused as to when the ticket exchange comes in though? I assume if you are in a priority group 1, don’t decide to go and no other season ticket holder buys your ticket, your credit balance is charged for the ticket, however before this you have the option to sell this to members on the ticket exchange.

It seems unlikely that many tickets will end up on the exchange though as it will be offered to all STH’s first. I assume a STH missing their window has the option to buy on the exchange in the same way a member does

Is this right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
‘Individuals can opt not to select seats for a match. When purchasing tickets for the group just do not assign a ticket to the member of the group who is not attending.’

From the wording of the site I think the answer is no. It'll be a case of assigning tickets at check out and if you miss some people off then that is OK.

Thanks both :thumbsup:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So the ballot results are out at 5pm and you get allocated a priority window to log on and buy - pretty simple I think.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I’m confused as to when the ticket exchange comes in though? I assume if you are in a priority group 1, don’t decide to go and no other season ticket holder buys your ticket, your credit balance is charged for the ticket, however before this you have the option to sell this to members on the ticket exchange

Is this right?

No, you don’t actually have a ticket as a result of the ballot therefore there is no charge and nothing to sell on the exchange. The ballot simply determines which purchase window you are in. Think if it as a random generator (instead of loyalty points) for the right to buy a ticket.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Having attempted to understand the process it seems

- You are given a priority window (drawn at random) to purchase a ticket

- If you are in the priory group (call it priority 1) you are guaranteed a ticket if you buy within the window.

- If you don’t want to attend you don’t need to do anything, you will be timed out and the next priority group will have the option of your ticket.

- The 6 deferrals of not going seems to have disappeared on the basis that a subsequent priority grouped person books your ticket.

I’m confused as to when the ticket exchange comes in though? I assume if you are in a priority group 1, don’t decide to go and no other season ticket holder buys your ticket, your credit balance is charged for the ticket, however before this you have the option to sell this to members on the ticket exchange.

It seems unlikely that many tickets will end up on the exchange though as it will be offered to all STH’s first. I assume a STH missing their window has the option to buy on the exchange in the same way a member does

Is this right?

I’d assume you’re right. Once they’re sold out any on the exchange are fair game for anyone who is a STH.

I like this way as it makes people be pro active but it’s messed my plan up of using the exchange regularly tbh. Sure some will pop up at times - illness / isolation etc...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
[MENTION=12101]Mellotron[/MENTION] I don’t think they will be switching the windows around for fairness. The ballot will determine your window and that is random.

I think every match has a new ballot for which priority group STHs will be put into. From what Barber has said previously being selected in the ballot for 1 game doesn't change anything for the next game. It's a fresh ballot each time.

Having to log in and actually select tickets if you've been picked in the ballot is a much better idea than being assigned a ticket automatically. Means if you don't want go then just don't select your ticket and let it be offered to others who do want to go.

Ah, understood.

Can someone smarter than me explain why it wouldn't be fairer to assign everyone either window 1, 2, 3 or 4 for the rest of the season, then continue to shuffle the priority windows per game so that everyone gets pretty much the same chance?

I.E. Game 1
Priority order - 1, 2, 3, 4

Game 2
4, 3, 2, 1

Game 3
2, 3, 1, 4

Game 4
3, 2, 4, 1

and just rotate that throughout the season - very fair, no? Or is that just too much?

Agreed on scrapping opt outs - pointless atm with such low crowds anyway, also a little unfair to penalise say an 80 year old for opting out, whilst there is still a fair bit of the virus around.

Last edited:

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
No, you don’t actually have a ticket as a result of the ballot therefore there is nothing to sell on the exchange. The ballot simply determines which purchase window you are in. Think if it as a random generator (instead of loyalty points) for the right to buy a ticket.

Thanks

I don’t quite understand the reference to paying a STH via bacs rather than a credit to their Bhafc account, assuming the club keeps the payment for purchase on the exchange?

Wouldn’t it be easier to just leave the balance as it is if you decide not to go and someone else buys the ticket?

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
So, the section on "how will I know if I've been successful" fails to answer the question.

How will we be told?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So, the section on "how will I know if I've been successful" fails to answer the question.

How will we be told?

I guess an email. But also safest thing to do is log into the ticket system at 5 as it says. Anyone using excuses for missing out despite being on top priority can **** right off now (there will be some on here I guarantee), if they’re that bothered they’d be checking the site regularly for news.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Ah, understood.

Can someone smarter than me explain why it wouldn't be fairer to assign everyone either window 1, 2, 3 or 4 for the rest of the season, then continue to shuffle the priority windows per game so that everyone gets pretty much the same chance?

I.E. Game 1

Game 2
4, 3, 2, 1

Game 3
2, 3, then 1 or 4 (doesn't matter which, just switch it round next time)

and so on. Or is that just too much?

Agreed on scrapping opt outs - pointless atm with such low crowds anyway, also a little unfair to penalise say an 80 year old for opting out, whilst there is still a fair bit of the virus around.

Would’ve been easy really. 6k in each quarter and rotate. All groupings in same group etc. Or maybe cut it into 1/8s not 1/4s whilst it’s only 2k..

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I guess an email. But also safest thing to do is log into the ticket system at 5 as it says. Anyone using excuses for missing out despite being on top priority can **** right off now (there will be some on here I guarantee), if they’re that bothered they’d be checking the site regularly for news.

We will 100% get a meltdown thread on NSC to that end at some point in the coming weeks.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Ah, understood.

I.E. Game 1

Game 2
4, 3, 2, 1

Game 3
2, 3, 1, 4

Game 4
3, 2, 4, 1

and just rotate that throughout the season - very fair, no? Or is that just too much?

Wouldn’t want to be in group 1

Only real chance of going to one game using that method.... better off in group 2 as they never seem to be last on those examples ha !

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Wouldn’t want to be in group 1

Only real chance of going to one game using that method.... better off in group 2 as they never seem to be last on those examples ha !

He got 1 and 2 wrong way around for game 4 :lol: but yeh would’ve been easier.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here