Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Additional Seats

el punal

Following on from the club’s email regarding change of seat numbers I’m intrigued as to how many new seats have been installed and where. My season ticket is for the West Upper and the seat number has been bumped up by 14. I can’t seem to find any info on this apart from the press release of some months ago about the hospitality box above the North Stand and additional seating being installed throughout the ground.

Anyone know the latest on this?

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Are you in one of the front 10 rows?

Either they’ve extended WSU southwards above the shelf (not mentioned before in any NSC or BHCC planning application discussion), or simply a numbering alignment with the lower decks i.e. there are no more seats in the first rows of WSU.

BE64B641-AD9A-4C60-B476-8CA9F619FEBE.png

el punal

Are you in one of the front 10 rows?

Either they’ve extended WSU southwards above the shelf (not mentioned before in any NSC or BHCC planning application discussion), or simply a numbering alignment with the lower decks i.e. there are no more seats in the first rows of WSU.

View attachment 130833

D Block, Row U - so towards the back of the stand.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
If there are a few more seats I hope we can soon here "..... and the RECORD attendance at the Amex is ....."

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
They have added seats to each row by reducing the gaps between seats, I think every 10 seats has become 11/12

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
They have added seats to each row by reducing the gaps between seats, I think every 10 seats has become 11/12
Interesting. I didn't think that was legally possible for most of the seats as the middle seats between each aisle are already at the legal maximum for the number of seats between them and the aisle ?

Perhaps there is more flexibility in ground level stands ?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Is that the extra hospitality seats at the back of the North or have they not been built yet?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Interesting. I didn't think that was legally possible for most of the seats as the middle seats between each aisle are already at the legal maximum for the number of seats between them and the aisle ?

Perhaps there is more flexibility in ground level stands ?
I thought the problem wasn't the spacing between the seats, but the limitations on exit to people ratio and also space in the concourses. When the Amex opened, I calculated that it could comfortably house around 5 to 6 thousand extra seats by shifting them along a little.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I thought the problem wasn't the spacing between the seats, but the limitations on exit to people ratio and also space in the concourses. When the Amex opened, I calculated that it could comfortably house around 5 to 6 thousand extra seats by shifting them along a little.

I think it is based on how many supporters you need to get out of the stadium at full-time. They have calculated that an extra 6,000 could easily get out of those exits following the average footfall studies

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
There is a restriction on the maximum number of seats a "furthest from the aisle" seat can be. If some blocks are at that maximum then you have to move the aisles if you reduce the gaps between seats which doesn't work with the fixed exit stairs. I assume this doesn't matter for stands where the exit could be the pitch.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here