Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Canvey Island v Brighton

D

Deleted member 2719

Where were Webster and Dunky for their goals.

Potter Out.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
For anyone wondering, it is probably the crappest place I have ever had the misfortune to watch Brighton away.

Place should be carpet bombed

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
What a fantastic man Liam Brady was and is. He took on an impossible job with Archer and Belotti being scheming bàstards. Tried to fight them and got us another year at the Goldstone. Results were difficult but under Brady he deeply cared for the club and after playing an illustrious career for Arsenal, Juventus, Ascoli and West Ham, he had no big ego.

Hope he's keeping well. As too Gerry Ryan. They were very dedicated to the Albion. Always remember their hard work at a very difficult time.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
For anyone wondering, it is probably the crappest place I have ever had the misfortune to watch Brighton away.

Fully agree, bused in from the outskirts it looked worse than a dump. Even the next to derelict terrace houses next to certain northern grounds looked like up market mansions in comparison to Canvey housing.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Interesting watch, the only thing I remember about that away day was all the trouble around the ground ... :catfight:

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
I was in the corner of the away bit and have to say I have conveniently forgotten everything to do with the match itself. Afterwards though I remember quite vividly!

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
What a fantastic man Liam Brady was and is. He took on an impossible job with Archer and Belotti being scheming bàstards. Tried to fight them and got us another year at the Goldstone. Results were difficult but under Brady he deeply cared for the club and after playing an illustrious career for Arsenal, Juventus, Ascoli and West Ham, he had no big ego.

Hope he's keeping well. As too Gerry Ryan. They were very dedicated to the Albion. Always remember their hard work at a very difficult time.

Sometimes it just makes you realise how far we have come and how lucky we are. We really are now living the dream (football wise)! I remember one end of the ground backed onto the seafront!

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
At 1:40 he says “brighton, cup winners in 1983”

Is this from a parallel universe?

He probably turned off when Robinson passed to smith. done deal.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Christ, I was there.

Was this not the infamous interview when Brady was told had Brighton not scored again then they'd be out, to which his response was "yeah, and if me granny had balls she'd be me granda"

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Burnley? Stoke? Oldham? Hull? In fact Hull City is an anagram of Shit Hole....almost.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here