Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tier 2 v Tier 3 Premier League

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's essentially South v North, with the scousers somehow making the cut...

Tier 2 - 2,000 fans permitted
Arsenal
Brighton
Chelsea
Crystal Palace
Everton
Fulham
Liverpool
Southampton
Tottenham
West Ham

Tier 3 - no fans permitted
Aston Villa
Burnley
Leeds
Leicester
Manchester City
Manchester United
Newcastle
Sheffield United
West Brom
Wolves

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Only a few thousand fans but genuine home advantage, need to grasp this opportunity.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Man Urd could play home games in front of 2000 local fans at The Amex...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Will be odd on MOTD going from games with a very partisan small crowd, to games with no/fake crowd, and so on...

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Looking forward to the inevitable meltdown from them up the road as the Always Ultras DEMAND all 2000 tickets and throw their toys out the pram when they don't get them.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Only a few thousand fans but genuine home advantage, need to grasp this opportunity.
I dont think fans are allowed to chant & sing (or stand) so will it be that much of an advantage? Oh think they can clap!

Might have dreamt all this up :smile:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Looking forward to the inevitable meltdown from them up the road as the Always Ultras DEMAND all 2000 tickets and throw their toys out the pram when they don't get them.

What makes you think they won't get them?

Jellyfish Parish?

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
I dont think fans are allowed to chant & sing (or stand) so will it be that much of an advantage? Oh think they can clap!

Stand I can understand and will be hard enough to police , but I don't think they can police people not singing or shouting

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Stand I can understand and will be hard enough to police , but I don't think they can police people not singing or shouting

There was certainly no indication at all that people shout not sing/shout etc at the Chelsea friendly, and plenty of both went on.

Spurs' stadium signage does not suggest against this either.

EnwB_XGWEAAZTP2.png

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015

I think you dreamt it all up. I remember plenty of shouting (of an encouraging nature, obvs) at the test event. I think it's practically impossible not to shout at a football match.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
The atmosphere was surprisingly good for the Chelsea test game. Better than some of the league / cup games we had in recent years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

bardo

Jul 6, 2004
Seaford
From the Argus the other day:

'But Barber dismissed any suggestion that singing and cheering will be banned.

He said: “You don’t want to take people’s enjoyment away of coming to the game.

“If they turn up and behave exactly the same way as they might in their own living room, for example, what’s the incentive for them to come back to the game?

“We want them to enjoy themselves, feel as if they are back at a live sports event again and therefore a light touch with the stewarding, a light touch with the rules and regulations, as far as it’s possible, is really important.

“Clearly, people’s safety is paramount but we don’t want to take away their enjoyment.

“By the time someone has shouted or screamed, it’s done.

“What does a steward do then? ‘Which one of you shouted, don’t do it again?’ It’s almost impossible to police.'

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
From the Argus the other day:

'But Barber dismissed any suggestion that singing and cheering will be banned.

He said: “You don’t want to take people’s enjoyment away of coming to the game.

If they turn up and behave exactly the same way as they might in their own living room, for example, what’s the incentive for them to come back to the game?

“We want them to enjoy themselves, feel as if they are back at a live sports event again and therefore a light touch with the stewarding, a light touch with the rules and regulations, as far as it’s possible, is really important.

“Clearly, people’s safety is paramount but we don’t want to take away their enjoyment.

“By the time someone has shouted or screamed, it’s done.

“What does a steward do then? ‘Which one of you shouted, don’t do it again?’ It’s almost impossible to police.'

He obviously hasn't talked to my cat then. He leaves the house when I put the football on, as he knows what's coming.

D

Deleted member 2719

I think you dreamt it all up. I remember plenty of shouting (of an encouraging nature, obvs) at the test event. I think it's practically impossible not to shout at a football match.

What was the system at the urinal? 8 in at a time???

Was any food or drink sold?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here