Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 2000 fans but under tier 2 no household mixing indoors

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
So- the club can have 2000 fans at the game, and you can chose a group for the ballot so that you can go with your mates, but-

under Tier 2 there cannot be any household mixing indoors. So you will have to avoid your group of mates in the concourse, only meeting outdoors to sit together in the stand.

Doesn't really work does it!

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
So- the club can have 2000 fans at the game, and you can chose a group for the ballot so that you can go with your mates, but-

under Tier 2 there cannot be any household mixing indoors. So you will have to avoid your group of mates in the concourse, only meeting outdoors to sit together in the stand.

Well I'll be mixing with my elderly parents on Saturday who are both housebound

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

you're right. to save anyone who cant resist being close to mates in the concourse, the club shouldnt bother.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Where the bars open for the Chelsea Friendly? If so, how did they manage the crowd / distancing?

Guest Pie: Sanitiser?

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Where the bars open for the Chelsea Friendly? If so, how did they manage the crowd / distancing?

Guest Pie: Sanitiser?

Yes bars were open and it worked fine. There was loads of space on concourse. That was with 2500 so 2000 shouldn’t be a problem. Will be interesting to see how they spread the 2000 out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Marty___Mcfly

Sep 14, 2011
Yes bars were open and it worked fine. There was loads of space on concourse. That was with 2500 so 2000 shouldn’t be a problem. Will be interesting to see how they spread the 2000 out.

No problem in practical terms, but households mixing would be in breach of the Tier 2 rules so maybe they will have to close the concourses.

Probably also have to close hospitality boxes etc as any households mixing in there would also be in breach of the rules i.e. illegal.

It’s a bit of a mess.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Its quite clear that the risk is almost entirely indoor transmission isnt it now. I think hopefully we are near the stage where we have to roll with what the rules are, be grateful for the things that we can do, and the measures clubs etc are trying to get ANYONE in the ground, and ride this out for a few more months until all the vulnerable at least are vaccinated. Hoping as many SMEs as possible weather this christmas and the first half of nexylt year.

Marty___Mcfly

Sep 14, 2011
1901 won’t work either unless they send you straight through to the stands - which defeats the purpose of 1901

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
you're right. to save anyone who cant resist being close to mates in the concourse, the club shouldnt bother.

This. It's essentially the Community Stadium without the community. Why even bother? Totally respect the club's honourable stance flying the flag for re-opening, but but can hardly be a commercial decision. The enhanced anti-covid measures and associated staffing levels needed to enforce them must more than wipe out any potential 'customer' revenue gained on the day shirley? And I speak as one who went to the Chelsea trial match in the summer

Marty___Mcfly

Sep 14, 2011
This. It's essentially the Community Stadium without the community. Why even bother? Totally respect the club's honourable stance flying the flag for re-opening, but but can hardly be a commercial decision. The enhanced anti-covid measures and associated staffing levels needed to enforce them must more than wipe out any potential 'customer' revenue gained on the day shirley? And I speak as one who went to the Chelsea trial match in the summer

They have to open to demonstrate that it works as part of the journey back to bigger crowds and a viable commercial operation.

The problem is it only really works under tier 1 where groups of 6 can mix indoors. Under tier 2 the ban on household mixing indoors does not really work. Unless they shut the concourses, hospitality, 1901 lounges etc and shepherd people straight to the stands. Which makes it even less viable.

It hasn’t been thought through.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
They have to open to demonstrate that it works as part of the journey back to bigger crowds and a viable commercial operation.

The problem is it only really works under tier 1 where groups of 6 can mix indoors. Under tier 2 the ban on household mixing indoors does not really work. Unless they shut the concourses, hospitality, 1901 lounges etc and shepherd people straight to the stands. Which makes it even less viable.

It hasn’t been thought through.

Club demonstated that v Chelsea in the summer mate, with 2,500 fans and only (if memory serves) two stands open. Oh, and the catering kiosks were open also. The event subsequently ticked all the hmgov boxes. PB confirms a clean bill of health from the event. Doubt the club made anything other than a loss on the day. Tho total respect for them stepping up to the plate with that trial event.

Barber IN!

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
It isnt about revenue , its about starting the process. They have to start somewhere. Realistically we arent going to be back to full stadium till next season. What they can do is start small, and slowly increase attendance through the remainder of the season. Undoubtedly 2000 fans will cost the club more than they make. 4000 is probably similar, but once they have proved that can be done, the level will increase to say 6 000 or 7500 and that will start to make money.

Will there be anomalies where you cant meet someone at home for a cuppa, but can meet in the stadium for a pint , of course. There were before and will be again. You simply can not legislate for 65 million people and expect every scenario to be covered. What you can do is put your "big boy pants" on, and treat the situation sensibly and enjoy going to the football if you are lucky enough to get a ticket. If you look for contradictions and anomalies you will find them. All you have to do is see what the spirit of this is and be sensible about it.

If you don't want to go, do'nt go, opt out, sell on exchange or whatever.

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009

My understanding is that although I am only grouped with Mrs WE, we will be sitting with three empty seats between us. So if she was from a separate household, I would hardly be mixing with her.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Just open the ESL.

They'll only be a maximum of a 70 minute 'redzone' for infection.
Most of that time will be spent with us all spread out as people go to the toilet, bar and sweet shop.

No need for stewards.
But staff in the library would be nice.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

You get a steward each, to ensure you don't have a bottle top or flask.

Recidivist

Apr 28, 2019
Worthing
1901 won’t work either unless they send you straight through to the stands - which defeats the purpose of 1901

At the Chelsea game it was table service only in 1901 and every table was socially distanced, so I think it could be done though I’m not clear whether it’s permissible under tier 2?

If restaurants/bars can do it if a substantial meal is served (under tier 2) then I can’t see why it can’t work in 1901.

Will have to have an extra packet of crisps with my sausage roll.......!

P.s. think 1901 club comes under the definition of a hospitality venue so should be fine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

It does and it really is easy enough to follow. However, I do think the club should allow fans who are concerned they’re too stupid to follow rules, in tandem with common sense, the option of refusing tickets without fear their personal data will be sold to clubs with traditionally lower supporter IQs, such as Palace, for future marketing purposes. We must protest our vulnerable at all times.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here