Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Police officer who paid 7p for 12 Krispy Kreme doughnuts says it was an 'honest mistake'

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
tenor.gif

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
The solicitor said "if they interrogate you, donut rise to their bait"

Surely, if you put a bag of carrots down that have been weighed, scanned, then put the donuts down without scanning, the alarm flashes to alert you to remove from the bagging area and let staff know...

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Let he or she cast the first stone. SO easily done :shrug:

With the police there to uphold the law, it's a simple case of 'dough as I say, nut as I do'.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Guilty. There’s no sugar coating this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Complete non story - anyone who hasn't done this or similar once in their life is a liar....... queue loads of angels on here appearing to say they wouldn't dream of it.

Not me, we got a trolley load of shopping as a fire alarm went off just as we were about to pay, the cashier ushered us out the shop with security and away we went.....

The wife did call up later and offered to pay, but they never got back to us, weekly shop including drink, about 160 smackers, lovely touch

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Oh and one night in Quinns Kentish Town with a group of us, went to the bar lovely new barmaid from god knows where, kept ****ing up the change, we kept going back and one round between 6 of us cost 17p after we counted our change she gave back....

Woke up in the morning and it was as if fairies had put change in my pockets.

we were young, and took advantage sure, but heck take it.

I would correct someone now of course, and do if I have been given too much change, but when your young your gonna do it...

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I completely believe the Police Officer, it was an honest mistake.

In other news,

Jack Grealish is not a diving cheat.
Trump won the 2020 US Election,
And, I don’t miss going to the football, at all.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I once told the police there was a hole in my donut. They said they’d look into it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Oh and one night in Quinns Kentish Town with a group of us, went to the bar lovely new barmaid from god knows where, kept ****ing up the change, we kept going back and one round between 6 of us cost 17p after we counted our change she gave back....

Woke up in the morning and it was as if fairies had put change in my pockets.

we were young, and took advantage sure, but heck take it.

I would correct someone now of course, and do if I have been given too much change, but when your young your gonna do it...

I remember Quinn’s. Massive place on a corner and it used to do really nice beers. I’ve not been for 17 years though.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Complete non story - anyone who hasn't done this or similar once in their life is a liar....... queue loads of angels on here appearing to say they wouldn't dream of it.

I accidentally picked up two Sunday papers once. I was so ashamed I walked back to the shop, apologised and gave it back. While I was there, i bought a lotto ticket which won me £70 odd quid!!

Karma is real!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here