Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] Foreign Aid

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
China could chip in with a bit more aid... especially to help with global roll out of a workable vaccine. Oh wait... maybe they are focused on only helping themselves? Silly me.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I think people are under the impression we just hand over wads of cash to foreign governments and let them spend it anyway they like. Wrong.
The funding is managed and projects are chosen carefully and overseen. So we are not funding trips to space, we are making sure regions get funding for projects that the people need. So even if a government isn’t looking out for their people’s best interests, we try to.
That’s how global cooperation works, it’s not just about rolling out funds, it’s about reducing wealth disparity.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I think people are under the impression we just hand over wads of cash to foreign governments and let them spend it anyway they like. Wrong.
The funding is managed and projects are chosen carefully and overseen. So we are not funding trips to space, we are making sure regions get funding for projects that the people need. So even if a government isn’t looking out for their people’s best interests, we try to.
That’s how global cooperation works, it’s not just about rolling out funds, it’s about reducing wealth disparity.

It's also worth pointing out that not all aid is money. Some of the aid supplied by Britain is through British-manufactured goods and services at massively knocked-down prices, which means a cut in aid is also likely to lead to UK businesses being placed at risk of being undercut by others. Which given certain other Government obsessions in the last few years is the last thing they need.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
It's also worth pointing out that not all aid is money. Some of the aid supplied by Britain is through British-manufactured goods and services at massively knocked-down prices, which means a cut in aid is also likely to lead to UK businesses being placed at risk of being undercut by others. Which given certain other Government obsessions in the last few years is the last thing they need.

Is soft power, something we tend to be good at, but the Little England continues weakening itself from within

So much for post Brexit global Britain, who actually are our best friends right now? Pretty much pissed off everyone....

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Is soft power, something we tend to be good at, but the Little England continues weakening itself from within

So much for post Brexit global Britain, who actually are our best friends right now? Pretty much pissed off everyone....

Apparently CANZUK is some kind of a dreamed up thing.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

At the current trajectory It will be other countries offering us aid in sympathy soon. :ohmy:

some of us are already offering it to our own people, much to the chagrin of the government

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
8251a5d49730e881bbddd7b906ad6a67.jpg

We must cut our cloth accordingly. Why borrow money to give away?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here