Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Ground Coffee

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
They only do the mini ones right. NOT the larger Vertuo.

I bloody LOVE my Vertuo. Huge choice of capsules I’m still working my way through and so simple to use........and getting a great coffee for 50p a cup seems like a real bargain to the near £3 I was paying working in London.

I’ve found the best drinks for me are making Americanos with the shorter, stronger ones topped up with hot water.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Just bought a DeLonghi bean to cup machine in the black friday sale. ( Less than half price) just starting the fun bit of finding the best taste, Roasted beans are not to expensive (£3 for 250 gramms) compared to Tassimo pods for my old machine..( £3 for either 8 or 16 pods)

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Just bought a DeLonghi bean to cup machine in the black friday sale. ( Less than half price) just starting the fun bit of finding the best taste, Roasted beans are not to expensive (£3 for 250 gramms) compared to Tassimo pods for my old machine..( £3 for either 8 or 16 pods)

I have gone through a few phases over the years, but been back on bean to cup for a few years. I get mine on a plan from pactcoffee.com - potentially a fair bit more expensive than other options, but it arrives in the post a day or two after it's roasted, so crazy fresh. I did have a while where I loved the Starbucks Blonde roast, so got from Amazon - but there was a massive variation on how old it was, which affected the taste loads. Some packs were pretty foul, god knows why.

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
I bloody LOVE my Vertuo. Huge choice of capsules I’m still working my way through and so simple to use........and getting a great coffee for 50p a cup seems like a real bargain to the near £3 I was paying working in London.

I’ve found the best drinks for me are making Americanos with the shorter, stronger ones topped up with hot water.
Where do you get yer pods from?

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
what like when you drive into Grimsby past the Findus factory and take in l'arome de breadcrumb? - yes I was expecting fish but the breadcrumb smell hits you at the end of the A180

In the 60s, there was a brewery somewhere near Elm Grove area and I used to go past in the bus on the way to school.
On certain days the area stank of something nasty. It was almost enough to put me off beer.

Almost.:drink:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Molinari Platino Roasted Coffee Is my favourite- certainly of the coffee you can buy quite easily in England .

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
In the 60s, there was a brewery somewhere near Elm Grove area and I used to go past in the bus on the way to school.
On certain days the area stank of something nasty. It was almost enough to put me off beer.

Almost.:drink:

I used to work near the Tetley brewery in Leeds and had to walk past it from the bus stop. The yeasty smell was gag-inducing.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019

On your recommendation I indulged AM and it’s good stuff, great taste, although two heaped dessert spoons to make one cup was possibly overdoing it, but I do like it strong. Will definitely buy agsin. :thumbsup:

I’d still say Morrison’s French 5 is equal in taste and a bargain at £1.49 :)

010111E9-CDA3-494C-871C-4D864A874067.jpeg

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom

Had my Di Longi bean to cup for a year now, so much better variety of beans to choise from. Gave my Nespresso machine away as i have Bean to cup in my lorry..

Quick question where do you store your coffee beans once open I've been storing mine in the freezer. In my lorry because the freezer is quite small if it's full up i just normally leave mine in the fridge.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Had my Di Longi bean to cup for a year now, so much better variety of beans to choise from. Gave my Nespresso machine away as i have Bean to cup in my lorry..

Quick question where do you store your coffee beans once open I've been storing mine in the freezer. In my lorry because the freezer is quite small if it's full up i just normally leave mine in the fridge.

I just reseal the bag they coe in using an ikea plastic clip and keep in a cool dark cupboard.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here