Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Ground Coffee

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Is there a better value/taste option than Morrisons own label? Several months back they slashed it to £1.25 a bag across the entire range, it recently creeping back up to £1.49, still half of what it was previously, and around half that of any other brand. Their French 4 and Italian 5 are excellent imho.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Dunno but I've been using Asda's own brand (lungo) in the Nespresso for half the price of alternatives. I did have CafePod Brunch Blend box the other day and that stood out

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Is there a better value/taste option than Morrisons own label? Several months back they slashed it to £1.25 a bag across the entire range, it recently creeping back up to £1.49, still half of what it was previously, and around half that of any other brand. Their French 4 and Italian 5 are excellent imho.

Especially at 4:58 in the morning..

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
lavazza-ground-coffee-qualita-rossa-250g_.jpeg

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

Agreed, I first discovered it over 25 years ago, after the coffee shop at the end of the high St in Shoreham closed it became a staple part of my diet. I've tried pretty much everything out there and this stuff works in a cafetiere, a bialetti, or a posh coffee machine. I've bought beans and tried different grinds too. Rossa just hits the spot. every morning.

When we rode to Milan in 1997 we stopped on the way past the factory, just to sniff the air. :mad::blush:

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
When we rode to Milan in 1997 we stopped on the way past the factory, just to sniff the air. :mad::blush:

what like when you drive into Grimsby past the Findus factory and take in l'arome de breadcrumb? - yes I was expecting fish but the breadcrumb smell hits you at the end of the A180

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
what like when you drive into Grimsby past the Findus factory and take in l'arome de breadcrumb? - yes I was expecting fish but the breadcrumb smell hits you at the end of the A180

I've not hit those dizzy heights! closest was probably the waft of chocolate from Terry's Chocolate Works when staying in York on a School trip circa 1984

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Having moved back to the UK from Sweden I’m having to smuggle stuff over as the ground stuff I’ve here is awful overall. Some of the instant stuff is alright if you have to drink it though in comparison

Lincolnshire Seagull

Jul 9, 2009
Bird & Wild shade-grown coffee is good and environmentally friendly. Not as cheap as some, but not too expensive either. Enjoy the coffee and the feeling of doing something good!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
My wife came home with Aldi ground coffee last week. It was horrible.

My step-father swears by Lidl cheapo espresso. On his recommendation I got some and hated it. Really rough. I'll stick to my Small Batch Coffee beans thanks.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here