Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New book: From The Gutter To The Stars

LeTiss

May 20, 2010
Southwater, Horsham
Any More Takers?

Come and have read about how our good old fashioned club climbed its way up the Football League ladder into the Promised Land before the chosen six decided to sell their souls.

It's my tale of following our club through thick and thin. Hoping and believing that one day our fortunes would change and our dreams would be fulfilled. Thankfully for us our dreams came true.

Football please don't ruin this beautiful game, the dreams and the honest rewards of every other club like Brighton & Hove Albion.

All enquiries: simon-jane@tiscali.co.uk

£11.50 per copy plus postage & package. All proceeds go to Macmillan.

LeTiss

May 20, 2010
Southwater, Horsham
Thank You

Sorry Sold Out.JPG

First & Foremost my thanks goes out to Bozza for starting this thread and showing his support because 29% of sales/income has come from the NSC community,

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

After the best part of seven months since its print run I am delighted to confirm that From The Gutter To The Stars has now sold out.

From start to finish it has been an amazing project. The long hours spent at the keyboard, the indecision as to whether we hit the print button due to Jane’s changing health condition, the excitement of unloading the pallet to see and smell a copy of your own book, the media work to promote it, the fun spent with the Albion Roar lads, The Brighton Bard and Johnny Cantor, the e-mail banter I had with Albion Director Derek Chapman….I even had to climb in the loft to find an old programme to prove that his knowledge was right & as a result had to call him a Football Genius. The support of Paul Barber, catching up again with Paul Rogers and so many old friends it has been outstanding. However the overriding feeling throughout the entire campaign was how generous and far reaching our Albion community has been. Your stories, your feedback and your endearment has been spectacular so thank you.

The book contained some flaws that should have been polished out but events conspired against us so we couldn’t spend as much time in the proofing process as we would have liked. However you ignored that and 99.99% of the feedback I got was extremely positive. I am so glad you enjoyed it and cannot believe that there are copies of my book floating around all over Sussex, in Wales, Scotland (including Edinburgh & Dundee where I learned of the serious nature of Jane’s illness), Dublin, Germany, Australia and many states within the US including Hawaii. Unbelievable.

Any way onto the cause. As you know all proceeds raised less expenses (Print, Postage & Envelopes) are going to the wonderful charity that is Macmillan. Well I am delighted to report that between us we grossed a massive £10,256.03 meaning that the charity will benefit to the tune of £5,263.75 plus Gift Aid. We have already been in touch with them about the presentation of funds and they are delighted. They even want a copy for their Redhill branch which is great given it's in the Palace catchment area!!!

Many thanks to all involved and in particular:

- The cast of the story.
- Jane, my Mum Ann and my sister Sasha for allowing me to share their story.
- To Shaun, Andrew & Mick at Printforms not only for their printing services but also for their generosity & support they provided throughout the
project.
- Interparcel/Hermes, particularly their local Albion supporting courier Gary.
- Jane for the hours she spent on Facebook promoting our story.
- All About Horsham & West Sussex County Times for giving me column space.
- Bozza at North Stand Chat for helping to stir up the interest of hundreds of Brighton fans.
- Alan & Ady for my two fun sessions on Albion Roar.
- Mr Johnny Cantor for giving me loads of air time on his BBC Sussex programmes including Albion Unlimited.
- Deliberately last but not least to every one of my wonderful customers thank you so much for your stories, your support & generosity.

With Love & Best Wishes

Simon (Le TISS – Tiltman In Saunders Sold!! on NSC)

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
A truly brilliant effort Simon - well done!

I really enjoyed reading the book - it bought back some great (and not so great) memories of watching The Albion. PNE away is forever etched in my brain....

I know how much time and effort you put into it, I really don't know how you found the time to complete it - especially at some a crap time for you and Jane.

Well Done mate.

LeTiss

May 20, 2010
Southwater, Horsham
A truly brilliant effort Simon - well done!

I really enjoyed reading the book - it bought back some great (and not so great) memories of watching The Albion. PNE away is forever etched in my brain....

I know how much time and effort you put into it, I really don't know how you found the time to complete it - especially at some a crap time for you and Jane.

Well Done mate.

Thank you Steve

Much love.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Well done, Simon - I know how much work goes into writing a book, but promoting it, plugging it, selling it and everything else that has gone into it is a whole other level of dedication.

It was all for the worthiest of causes and all the very best to Jane.

And that offer to edit the European tour follow-up still stands ....

LeTiss

May 20, 2010
Southwater, Horsham
Thank You

Well done, Simon - I know how much work goes into writing a book, but promoting it, plugging it, selling it and everything else that has gone into it is a whole other level of dedication.

It was all for the worthiest of causes and all the very best to Jane.

And that offer to edit the European tour follow-up still stands ....

Thank you kind Sir.

You getting involved in our project & giving an amateur like me feedback meant a lot. I also wont forget that lead you gave me, my mini article next to a picture of Harry Kane in The Times on the morn of our Man City victory must have made my Dad (a Spurs & BHA fan) very proud.

I sincerely hope I get to the write that follow up & if I do I'll be knocking on your door again. Best wishes.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
View attachment 137487

First & Foremost my thanks goes out to Bozza for starting this thread and showing his support because 29% of sales/income has come from the NSC community,

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

After the best part of seven months since its print run I am delighted to confirm that From The Gutter To The Stars has now sold out.

From start to finish it has been an amazing project. The long hours spent at the keyboard, the indecision as to whether we hit the print button due to Jane’s changing health condition, the excitement of unloading the pallet to see and smell a copy of your own book, the media work to promote it, the fun spent with the Albion Roar lads, The Brighton Bard and Johnny Cantor, the e-mail banter I had with Albion Director Derek Chapman….I even had to climb in the loft to find an old programme to prove that his knowledge was right & as a result had to call him a Football Genius. The support of Paul Barber, catching up again with Paul Rogers and so many old friends it has been outstanding. However the overriding feeling throughout the entire campaign was how generous and far reaching our Albion community has been. Your stories, your feedback and your endearment has been spectacular so thank you.

The book contained some flaws that should have been polished out but events conspired against us so we couldn’t spend as much time in the proofing process as we would have liked. However you ignored that and 99.99% of the feedback I got was extremely positive. I am so glad you enjoyed it and cannot believe that there are copies of my book floating around all over Sussex, in Wales, Scotland (including Edinburgh & Dundee where I learned of the serious nature of Jane’s illness), Dublin, Germany, Australia and many states within the US including Hawaii. Unbelievable.

Any way onto the cause. As you know all proceeds raised less expenses (Print, Postage & Envelopes) are going to the wonderful charity that is Macmillan. Well I am delighted to report that between us we grossed a massive £10,256.03 meaning that the charity will benefit to the tune of £5,263.75 plus Gift Aid. We have already been in touch with them about the presentation of funds and they are delighted. They even want a copy for their Redhill branch which is great given it's in the Palace catchment area!!!

Many thanks to all involved and in particular:

- The cast of the story.
- Jane, my Mum Ann and my sister Sasha for allowing me to share their story.
- To Shaun, Andrew & Mick at Printforms not only for their printing services but also for their generosity & support they provided throughout the
project.
- Interparcel/Hermes, particularly their local Albion supporting courier Gary.
- Jane for the hours she spent on Facebook promoting our story.
- All About Horsham & West Sussex County Times for giving me column space.
- Bozza at North Stand Chat for helping to stir up the interest of hundreds of Brighton fans.
- Alan & Ady for my two fun sessions on Albion Roar.
- Mr Johnny Cantor for giving me loads of air time on his BBC Sussex programmes including Albion Unlimited.
- Deliberately last but not least to every one of my wonderful customers thank you so much for your stories, your support & generosity.

With Love & Best Wishes

Simon (Le TISS – Tiltman In Saunders Sold!! on NSC)

Amazing news! I finally made it up to the shop to pick up my copy this morning – can't wait to get stuck into it.

Thanks,

GB

LeTiss

May 20, 2010
Southwater, Horsham
Back in 2020 I ventured on an amazing project that led to me releasing From The Gutter To The Stars.

It was a journey that relied on so many people during a particularly difficult time in my life due to the illness of my wife Jane, In some ways the project was raw and rushed due to the circumstances and was nearly scrapped when Jane's health temporarily worsened close to release. The book was far from perfect but it was written with heart and passion,

The Albion community around the World provided amazing support on the back of a campaign that involved so many special people. I would like to take this opportunity to thank my printer and Barnsley supporting mate Shaun at Printforms, Alan & Ady at Albion Roar, BBC's Johnny Cantor and Bozza for all the help and inspiration they gave.

Now for the exciting bit, earlier this week I received confirmation from SASH Charity that they have now received full funding to build a Summer House at the Macmillan facility at East Surrey Hospital, Redhill. All profits from the book went to this fund so thank you all we made a significant contribution and a huge difference.

I can assure you this wouldn't have been achieved without the help of this brilliant chat room, Thank You.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Back in 2020 I ventured on an amazing project that led to me releasing From The Gutter To The Stars.

It was a journey that relied on so many people during a particularly difficult time in my life due to the illness of my wife Jane, In some ways the project was raw and rushed due to the circumstances and was nearly scrapped when Jane's health temporarily worsened close to release. The book was far from perfect but it was written with heart and passion,

The Albion community around the World provided amazing support on the back of a campaign that involved so many special people. I would like to take this opportunity to thank my printer and Barnsley supporting mate Shaun at Printforms, Alan & Ady at Albion Roar, BBC's Johnny Cantor and Bozza for all the help and inspiration they gave.

Now for the exciting bit, earlier this week I received confirmation from SASH Charity that they have now received full funding to build a Summer House at the Macmillan facility at East Surrey Hospital, Redhill. All profits from the book went to this fund so thank you all we made a significant contribution and a huge difference.

I can assure you this wouldn't have been achieved without the help of this brilliant chat room, Thank You.
That's fantastic news, well done all! :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here