Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Tier Two for most of England

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Tier 1 in Adur would be good but for the fact everyone's just going to come here and make it worse!

That's just what I was thinking. We need to get the border police stationed along the Upper Shoreham Road and at the station, asking for ID :lolol:

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
That's just what I was thinking. We need to get the border police stationed along the Upper Shoreham Road and at the station, asking for ID :lolol:

I'll get my rake off the Allotment and cover the Toll Bridge, you get your cap guns and set up a toll gate in the landing craft on ther Holmbush roundabout! :lolol:

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Oi ..i live north of Upper Shoreham Rd...i dont want to be whipping me driving license out for some spotty oik :whistle:

I thought I could detect a slight accent. :bigwave:

When I moved from Church St my old neighbours accused me of moving up north, because I'd crossed the railway line! :laugh:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
86C4A8A9-B8F7-4349-B12A-92A241143E88.jpeg

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks

The rules are that if you travel from a Tier 2 area to a Tier 1 area, you still have to abide by the rules where you live in Tier 2.

Good luck with policing that!

For that reason I do think we might see County wide tiering rather than localised areas.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The rules are that if you travel from a Tier 2 area to a Tier 1 area, you still have to abide by the rules where you live in Tier 2.

Good luck with policing that!

For that reason I do think we might see County wide tiering rather than localised areas.

Even policing some of the rules for that is going to be impossible....wonder if West Sussex will be treated differently from the riffraff in the East :whistle:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Shoreham Tier 2

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
They've just realised the search by post code to find out which tier. Adur and Worthing are both tier 2. The website broke before I could search any others.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Or pulled back down before the announcement, they just had it up briefly to test it?

Wouldn’t put it past them after the MS Excel fiasco.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Tier 2 in Brighton, Hove, Adur, Worthing even though rate is lower than it was when in Tier 1 before latest lockdown. This will ruin more hospitality and events businesses. You really couldn't make it up now

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Or pulled back down before the announcement, they just had it up briefly to test it?

Wouldn’t put it past them after the MS Excel fiasco.

No need for cynicism Mellotron. I'm sure whoever they've paid 100s of millions of taxpayers money to get this website up and running and keep it stable had to go through a through tendering process

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Oi ..i live north of Upper Shoreham Rd...i dont want to be whipping me driving license out for some spotty oik :whistle:

Sorry Lamie – I meant to write OLD Shoreham Road, not Upper. I, too, am a 'northerner' and have been most of my life :)

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Tier 2 in Brighton, Hove, Adur, Worthing even though rate is lower that it was when in Tier 1 before latest lockdown. This will ruin more hospitality and events businesses. You really couldn't make it up now

Agreed. What's the point. Stay at home, get the infection rate down blah blah. Do that, below their 'threshold' of 100 per 100k, yet still placed into essentially the same lockdown as we have now. People will run out of patience unfortunately and I expect it will get out of control again by Christmas

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here